Adrenaline Pumping River-Rafting: Iceland
From $232 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceOptional pick-up from Akureyri available for an additional fee.
- Test your limits on one of the most remote river-rafting trips on Earth
- Enjoy stunning scenery and incredible pounding rapids
- Head through the "Screaming Lady", the "Lost" rapid, and over the jumping rock
- Relax at the end with a swim in the milky waters of the glacial river
The East Glacial River gorge Austari-Jökulsá sets the stage for your action-packed day. Appropriately called the "Beast of the East," this relentless whitewater rapid has constantly been rated as one of the best rapids in all of Europe. It's a day-trip powerful enough to satisfy even the biggest adventure seeker out there.
Along the route, you'll be greeted with spectacular Icelandic landscapes, while testing your screaming capacity as you head down the "Screaming Lady" or head into the "Lost" rapid. If the conditions are right, you'll even jump off the 25ft (8m) rock into the river.
The end of the route is a gentle float and swim in the calm waters at the confluence of the East and Wast rivers. Their milky-smooth waters are a nice respite after the day of adventure.
Despite the challenging aspect of this rafting trip, even first time adventurers can join. You must be a good swimmer, have high level of fitness and an enthusiasm for hard work, but if you do, then this is a ride you'll never forget!
- River Rafting on Austari-Jökulsá River
- All rafting equipment (drysuits, helmets, PFDs, booties, gloves)
- Experienced professional guides & safety kayakers
- Transportation between rafting base and the river
- Riverside refreshments
- Iceland's best rafting experience!
- Overnight accommodations
- Pick-up from Akureyri (We offer the option of picking you up at the Sterna bus terminal in Akureyri for a small additional fee).
Hafgrímsstaðir Rafting Base Camp. The Arctic Rafting base at Hafgrímsstaðir is located on Road #752, 15km from its junction with Hwy #1 at the west end of Varmahlíð. Simply follow Road #752 up the valley for about 10-15 minutes until you see us on the left-hand side of the road. We offer a daily shuttle service departing from Akureyri Backpackers at 7:30 and returning around 17:00.
What to Bring:
– Thermal underwear / base layers
– Warm fleece top / wool sweater
– Fleece pants / extra long johns
– Thick wool socks / hiking socks (at least 1 pair)
– Dry change of clothes for after the trip
Product ID: 22834