Join an-eco tour by 4WD from Akaroa to learn about its rich history, flora, and fauna. Marvel at stunning views of Akaroa Harbor, the outer coast, farmland, and forested hillsides. Gain insight into the Pohatu’s penguin conservation program.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 - 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, French
Select participants and date
Unit 2, 8 Rue Balguerie, Akaroa. Look for the shade sails on the building located behind the BNZ building on Rue Lavaud.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Flash photography
Know before you go
- Although the Pohatu penguins form part of this tour, this is a nature tour focused on the rich history of the area, rather than the penguins
- The native wildlife and penguins can be seen in season
- No refunds for cancelation within 24 hours (unless the tour is canceled by the local partner)
- Most of the penguin rehabilitation occurs from mid-November to mid-February so to prevent crowding the penguins only those on the extended 4-hour tour will be able to view the rehabilitation