Discover Pohatu Marine Reserve on a guided sea-kayaking experience. Enjoy a spectacularly scenic 4WD safari to Pohatu from Akaroa with photograph opportunities. Then take to the sea to kayak under the expert care of your experienced guides.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3.5 - 4.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, French
Select participants and date
Behind the BNZ Bank on Rue Lavaud.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Change of clothes
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Comfortable clothes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
Know before you go
- Sea kayaking at Pohatu Flea Bay can involve risks. You must listen carefully and follow the guide's instructions and adhere to safety requirements
- Children must be at least 8 years old and each child will be paired with an adult
- Your guide has the final say as to whether or not it is safe for you and your child to kayak, which can vary depending on sea conditions, personal fitness, and kayaking ability
- Toddlers and/or infants are not permitted no matter the sea conditions or personal ability
- You will be on the water for around 1 to 1.5 hours depending on the sea conditions and wildlife spotted
- For the afternoon tour, especially in summer, ensure you organize dinner prior to departure as all shops and restaurants will be closed upon return
- No refunds within 24 hours unless the tour is canceled by the local partner
- Jeans are not suitable for kayaking. Wear leggings or shorts that can be rolled up if you get wet
- Wear layers that you can add or remove as required