Embark on a sightseeing cruise and soak up the natural beauty of Akaroa Harbor. Keep an eye out to spot the rare Hector's dolphin and enjoy a drink and snack while taking in the picturesque scenery.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
You must exchange your voucher at the ticket counter before the tour begins. You have to be there 30 minutes prior to the departure time to check in.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
Know before you go
- Check-in no later than 30 minutes prior to departure.
- As the dolphins are wild we can never guarantee to see them but have a high success rate.
- Akaroa is roughly a 90-minute drive from Christchurch and Lyttelton Port. Please leave with plenty of time.
- Passengers of all ages are welcome, from newborns to seniors, as the vessels are very stable, have secure railings, various indoor and outdoor areas to choose from, and space for pushchairs, etc. Have plenty of lifejackets aboard, including those for infants and children, however, if you are travelling with young children, for their safety they must be supervised at all times.
- Cater to passengers with disabilities and welcome customers in wheelchairs with an able-body companion.
- Please be on time. If you are late, you will not receive a refund or be able to join your harbour cruise. Like a plane, your cruise will leave as scheduled whether you are there or not.