Hunt for about 10 different mushrooms in the quiet forests of the Provence and enjoy an outdoor breakfast.
What to Expect
You will use knives and baskets so as not to not damage the mushrooms. During your time in the Provence forests you will learn how to distinguish between edible and poisonous mushrooms.
You will hunt for about 10 different varieties, including: cepes, chanterelle, golden chanterelle, hedgehog mushroom, blue stalk mushroom, Tricholoma myomyces, Saffron milk cap, white saddle, elfin saddle, and black trumpet. You'll discover the quiet, unspoiled forests of the area and enjoy the bucolic and relaxed atmosphere of Provence. You will need to be equipped with sturdy, comfortable shoes that you don’t mind getting muddy.
The arrival at the hunting grounds will be followed by a brief tutorial on the different mushrooms we'll be searching for. An outdoor breakfast, including bread, sausage, paté, tapenade, mushrooms and red wine (juice for the kids), will be served. The search for mushrooms will end with a last glass of wine to toast new friendships.
- Mushroom hunt
- Knives, baskets, breakfast or aperitif including bread, sausage, paté, tapenade, mushrooms and red wine (juice for the kids)
Roundabout at the bottom of Cadenet (D973)
GPS coordinates: 43°43’42’’N and 5°22’22’’E
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Mushroom hunting excursions are available from September 15 until November 15 (weather permitting).
• Please wear clothing appropriate for the weather and sturdy walking shoes that you don't mind getting dirty.
• This is a fair-weather activity. The operator will confirm with you via e-mail the day before, after checking the weather forecast.
• Cancellation with at least 24 hours notice.