Relax on this luncheon cruise along the historic Murray River. Gain an insight into the river system with its magnificent landscapes and spectacular cliffs. On the return journey, visit Melba’s Chocolate Factory and Woodside Cheese Wrights at Woodside.
What to Expect
The Murray River Highlights tour departs Adelaide and travels to the mighty Murray River. On your arrival, board the Proud Mary and relax as you cruise the historic river enjoying the wildlife and surrounding scenery.
Enjoy lunch on board the Proud Mary as you continue your journey along the river and gain insight into the river system and unique landscapes of the region.
Upon disembarking, there will be free time to explore Mannum, before joining your tour along the river bank of the Murray River taking in spectacular views and stopping regularly for great photo opportunities, including the Mannum Lookout.
Travel back to Adelaide via the delightful Adelaide Hills, stopping at Melba’s Chocolate Factory and Woodside Cheese Wrights at Woodside with an opportunity to purchase afternoon tea (own expense).
- Morning pick-up and evening set down from selected Adelaide CBD hotels
- Live commentary by a local Driver/Guide
- Transport in a luxury, air-conditioned coach
- Relaxing 2 hour cruise aboard the intimate cruising vessel, the Proud Mary
- Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch prepared by the resident chefs while you cruise the spectacular Murray River
- Free time to explore the historic river town, Mannum
- Scenic drive through the picturesque Adelaide Hills, via Tungkillo and Mt Torrens
- Stop for afternoon tea (own expense) at Melba's Chocolate Factory and Woodside Cheese Wrights
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• Tour does not operate on Christmas Day
• Cruise times may vary slightly depending on river boarding point