On this 2-day small group excursion you’ll take in the top attractions and places off the beaten track on Kangaroo Island. Enjoy a fun and informal tour and the island’s pristine wilderness. Shared accommodation and most meals are included.
What to Expect
Take a trip to Kangaroo Island from Adelaide and spend 2 days enjoying a wide variety of activities and getting acquainted with the native animal life. You’ll see kangaroos, koalas, sea lions and more as you discover the island’s natural beauty.
Depart Adelaide and enjoy a scenic coach trip through the Fleurieu Peninsula to Cape Jervis, where you’ll board the SeaLink ferry for a 45-minute journey to Kangaroo Island. On arrival in Penneshaw you’ll meet your local driver/guide.
The first stop is Rob's Shearing & Sheepdogs, where you’ll watch a sheep-shearing demonstration by a real Aussie character before heading to Pennington Bay, the site of a spectacular beach and a great photo opportunity.
Continue to Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery, the only commercial eucalyptus distillery in South Australia, and then visit Seal Bay to get up close to a wild breeding colony of rare Australian sea lions. Later, at Little Sahara you’ll explore the huge white sand dunes and test your skills at sand boarding.
When you arrive at Vivonne Bay Lodge you’ll have the opportunity to spend some free time engaged in a variety of activities. You might like kayaking on the Harriet River, swimming at Vivonne Bay Beach, taking a self-guided walk along the property tracks, riding a trail bike or simply relaxing.
Back at camp there’s even more to see and do before and after your BBQ dinner. As darkness sets, see kangaroos, tammar wallabies and possums, relax around the fire (except in the summer months) or kick back on the deck with a glass of local wine before retiring to the comfort of your bed.
After breakfast you’ll get up close to more wildlife at the Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, where you'll look for koalas nestled up in the eucalyptus, and see kangaroos grazing the open fields. Continue to Flinders Chase National Park and marvel at the Remarkable Rocks – huge granite boulders sculpted by nature.
Take in the spectacular coast and seascapes as you head to Admirals Arch at Cape Du Couedic, where you'll watch the resident long-nosed fur seals frolic in the ocean or sunbathe on the rocks. Enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch at the Flinders Chase Visitor Center.
Head to the secluded beach at Stokes Bay and enjoy a walk at Ironstone Hill (time permitting). Be on the lookout for wallabies and admire the spectacular views of the mainland.
If time and weather permit, several stops can be made en route to Penneshaw, allowing time for dinner (at your own expense) before the return journey to Adelaide. A return flight from Kingscote Airport to Adelaide is available as an option.
- Morning pick-up and evening return at selected Adelaide hotels/hostels
- Return scenic coach and ferry transfers between Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
- 2-day small group tour
- Expert live commentary from a local driver/guide
- All entry and guided tour fees at Kangaroo Island attractions (Rob's Sheep Shearing, Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery, Seal Bay, Little Sahara, Remarkable Rocks, Admirals Arch and Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary)
- Overnight dormitory accommodation at Vivonne Bay Lodge (bed linen included, excluding towels; use of kayaks, bikes and sand boards also included)
- Most meals (1 breakfast, 2 lunches and 1 dinner)
What's Not Included
- Bath and/or beach towels
Adelaide central bus station, 85 Franklin Street, Adelaide
Know Before You Go
• Part of the enjoyment of this tour is the active hands-on participation of everyone on board. This will include the preparation of meals, washing dishes and general assistance to your driver/guide
• You will receive confirmation within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
• Vegetarian meal options are available, so please advise at the time of booking if required
• Tours do not operate on 24 and 25 December
• This tour is not recommended for children 12 years and under
• Anyone 17 years of age or younger must be accompanied by an adult
• Private room upgrades (up to 4 people) are available at Vivonne Bay Lodge at additional cost
• A strict luggage limit of 15 kg per person applies
• The itinerary is subject to change as the tour is flexible and can be adapted to the clients' interests and weather conditions on the day