Explore St. Peter's Basilica, the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and the Colosseum on a day's worth of tours discovering the masterpieces of Rome without long ticket lines. You'll also get to visit the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 6.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Italian
- Enjoy an insightful guided tour of the Vatican sites
- Skip the ticket lines at all monuments with a reserved entrance
- Visit the exquisite St. Peter's Basilica and see Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel frescoes
- Check out the Colosseum and surrounding archaeological sites
- Tour headsets to better hear the guide
- Reservation fees
- Expert local guide
- Exclusive skip-the-ticket-line access as per official Vatican partner
- Food and drinks
- People with mobility impairments
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Vatican tour: Piazza del Risorgimento, in the middle of the square in front of the Bar L’Ottagono, 400 meters from the metro stop Ottaviano. This tour starts at 10:45 AM. Colosseum tour: the Arch of Constantine, near the Colosseum. Look for our staff with pink "I love Rome" logos. This tour starts at 3:30 PM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
- Professional cameras
Know before you go
- Visitors must be dressed appropriately: no sleeveless blouses, no miniskirts, no shorts, and no hats are allowed.
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
- No umbrellas, trolleys, large bags, or tripods are allowed into the museums.
- Depending on the size of the group, the tour may run in 1 language, or 2/3 languages. In bilingual/multilingual tours, you will hear your language through a headset, and it will go automatically mute while other languages are spoken.
- The visit inside St. Peter's Basilica is substituted by a visit to the Vatican Library on Wednesday morning tours (08:30 and 11:00 tours) due to the Papal Audience.
- Those with a pacemaker will need to show a certificate, otherwise you may not be admitted without screening.
- The Basilica is an active place of worship and may be closed without prior notice. In this case, the visit will be substituted by a visit to the Vatican Library.