Navigate your way downstream whilst in the ancient lava flow of Mount Karioi, jumping, climbing and abseiling down waterfalls. Following the fresh water stream into the heart of the canyon, be amazed by the beauty of the native New Zealand bush.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Small group
- Limited to 8 participants
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Abseil and jump into natural rock pools
- See stunning waterfalls
- Learn about the area from your experienced and personable guide
- Transportation to and from the canyon site to the base
- Fully guided canyon tour
- Wetsuits, jackets, footwear and all safety equipment
- Photos from the trip
- Swimwear and towels
- Children under 8 years
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
- People with heart problems
- Wheelchair users
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
Know before you go
- A good level of fitness level required. You must be able to hike for at least 2 hours.
- For safety reasons, guests must speak and understand the English language.
- All tours are subject to availability.
- If the group size is bigger than 8, please contact the local partner to arrange extra guides.
- A minimum of 2 people are required for this tour.