Cross between the north and south islands of New Zealand on one of the world’s most beautiful ferry rides. Enjoy a 3.5-hour crossing with a range of entertainment options. With 11 crossings per day, there are convenient travel times for any itinerary.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
Select participants and date
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
Know before you go
- Most vehicle rental companies allow their vehicles to cross
- Avis, Budget, Hertz, Europcar and Thrifty do not allow their vehicles to cross, so if hiring from one of these companies do not include a vehicle in your booking
- If you have booked a vehicle with any other hire company they will usually confirm the ferry crossing for car and occupants as part of your hire contract, so be sure to check with them before booking
- Carry-on baggage allowance: one small bag and one handbag/laptop bag
- Check-in baggage allowance: two items of baggage (32 kilograms/200 centimeters per bag) per person