Enjoy Turkish hospitality at its best with a visit to a family in Sultanahmet for some delicious home cooking. After dinner you’ll take a stroll through the historic neighborhood with a local guide, sip tea, and play backgammon in an authentic teahouse.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 2 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Small group
- Limited to 12 participants
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- Starting time 6:00 PM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Enjoy a meal with a local family in Istanbul
- Learn about the cultural customs of Turkey
- Try a Turkish waterpipe
- Enjoy the national beverage in a teahouse
- English-speaking guide
- Dinner and drinks with a local family
- Stroll through Sultanahmet backstreets
- Play a game of backgammon
- Enjoy a nargile water pipe
- Extra drinks at teahouse
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Pudding Shop (Lale Restaurant) Divanyolu Caddesi No:12 Sultanahmet 34400 Fatih/Istanbul TurkeyOpen in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Children’s prices apply for children between 6 and 11 years of age.
- Please be aware that the standard of dress throughout Turkey is conservative. To respect this and for your own comfort we recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Turkish people do not wear shoes within the home so we suggest that you wear easy slip-on shoes.
- The weather in Istanbul is highly variable depending on the time of year. Winters can be freezing cold and summers can be extremely hot and humid (June, July, and August). Please note that short shorts for both men and women are not acceptable nor are tank or singlet tops.