Jump on board and catch the 2.5 hour ferry to the Tiwi Islands, 80km's North of Darwin. Discover the rich indigenous culture and history of the Tiwi people. No permit needed!
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 10 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Host or greeter
- Travel in comfort on the MV Tiwi Mantawi ferry
- Free walking map of Wurrumiyanga
- Meet the friendly and welcoming Tiwi locals
- Visit the art centres, museum and historic church
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
- Wurrumiyanga walking map
- Museum ticket
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You must keep social distance while in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Cullen Bay Ferry TerminalOpen in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Due to ongoing COVID-19 virus preventative measures, the Bima Wear and the museum is currently closed until further notice
- Please arrive at Cullen Bay Ferry Terminal 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
- Ferry departs Thursdays and Fridays from 1st April to 14th December. Additional peak season Monday departures run in June, July, August. Does not operate on public holidays.