Learn about Belfast's troubled history on a 3-hour walking tour with both Republican and Loyalist ex-political prisoners. Explore their neighborhoods and hear their personal stories and the stories of their communities on both sides of the physical wall.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration: 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
What customers loved
"The deep feelings and strong opinions of both guides."
"Walking Falls and Shankill roads"
"the historical recount of events"
- Explore Belfast's conflict with ex-prisoners directly involved in "The Troubles"
- Take part in the only tour that explains both the Loyalist and Republican sides of history
- Hear first-hand accounts from men and women who went to prison for their beliefs
- Discover Belfast's political murals on foot
- 3-hour guided tour
- 2 different perspectives on "The Troubles"
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Outside Divis Tower, Divis Street, Belfast (the tall apartment building at the bottom of the Falls Road).Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- The tour is approximately 3 hours long and covers a distance of 4 kilometers (2.5 miles). Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- The tour starts at Divis Tower and ends on the Lower Shankill Road, about a 15-minute walk from the starting point
- This tour is not suitable for children under 14 years old