If you dream of becoming a pro drag racer, you could ask for no better introduction than a session in the Chevrolet Camaro! You can feel the adrenaline rush of this car as it runs from zero to 60 mph in 4.6 secs and through the quarter-mile in 13.3 sec.
What to Expect
Before getting into the driver’s seat of this vehicle, you will receive a technical briefing from the Yas Drag Racing Centre’s chief instructor. Safety regulations will be explained to you, followed by reaction training in the reaction simulator room. Here, you will learn about the “Christmas Tree” lighting signal system and will be taught to manage your reaction times. Your instructor will be at the wheel on the first test run and will brief you on staging, braking zones and the finish line.
On the second run, you will be in the driver’s seat. Your instructor will be in the passenger seat to assess your handling and control of the vehicle. Provided you manage this well, you will be permitted to take the remainder of your runs on your own without the instructor in the car. You instructor will watch your performance at all times and brief you following each of your eight runs.
- 8 runs
- Briefing session
- Practice run
Know Before You Go
• The Driver Waiver forms provided on site must be completed
• No cameras are allowed on board or inside the vehicles
• To participate, you must hold a full driving license
• Drivers must be at least 18 years of age
• Wear clothes covering your arms and legs as per the National Hot Rod Association Rule Book
• Closed toe shoes only - Soft soled shoes are recommended, no sandals or high heels allowed
• Spectators are welcome and permitted within Yas Central specified viewing areas free of charge
• All Yas Marina Circuit and National Hot Rod Association rules and regulations are to be followed
• Bookings are non refundable
• If weather conditions are unsuitable due to dust storms, high winds or rain, your booking will be rescheduled to another date
• Safety precautions and medical assistance are provided at the venue