From Rome: Full-Day Pompeii and its Ruins
Pickup includedPickup service is for centrally located hotels only. No service is available for B&B, apartments or guesthouses. Please call 24 hours before the tour starts to receive your pickup time. Be ready in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to assigned pickup time.
- Visit the UNESCO archaeological site of Pompeii
- Learn about the history of Pompeii and the fateful volcanic eruption in 79 A.D.
- Take a panoramic tour of Naples from your bus
- Enjoy a real Neapolitan pizza for lunch
Naples (bus tour)
Pompeii (lunch, sightseeing)
Begin your journey down the “Highway of the Sun”, passing through the famous Roman countryside, Castelli Romani. Enjoy incredible views of the Mediterranean, Mount Vesuvius, and countless historic sites. You will also enjoy a short sight of the city, the seashore and the gulf of Naples.
After stopping for a traditional Italian lunch, make your way to the UNESCO Archaeological Site of Pompeii with Skip the Line Tickets. Spend the afternoon exploring this once thriving city that was frozen in time by layers of volcanic ash. Pompeii remained buried under a layer of pumice stones and ash 19 to 23 feet (6 to 7 meters) deep. The city’s sudden burial served to protect it for the next 17 centuries from vandalism, looting and the destructive effects of climate and heavy weather.
After your tour of Pompeii, resume your trip through the Roman countryside, enjoying the scenery as you leisurely make your way back to Rome. Return in time to enjoy the rest of the night in Rome at your leisure.
- All transportation
- Headset to not miss a single word
- Authentic Neapolitan pizza for lunch, one drink is included
- Entrance tickets and fees
- Tour guide included if the guided option is booked
- Self-guided tour with audio guide (option available)
- Tour escort/guide is not included if the option with audio guide is booked
- Personal shopping
Prepare for the activity
• All tour operators use licensed guides that are supplied by Pompeii's management site only: the tour includes headsets to make sure you won't miss a word
• Please note that no tour escort and no tour guide is included for the audio guide option
• Wear comfortable shoes
• The pick-up service needs to be organized with the tour supplier in advance. You will picked up 1-hour before the tour begins, so please be ready and waiting in the lobby of your hotel
• Please note that the pick-up service is provided at centrally located hotels. Accommodation outside Rome city center, bed & breakfasts, guest houses or and apartments will not be served
From US$ 204.58 US$ 163.66 per person