Expect to get shivers on a tour of the haunted sites of Edinburgh and visit the Greyfriars Kirkyard and Edinburgh Vaults.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet your guide at the tourist information booth/Police Box in front of 300 Lawnmarket. This is on the opposite side of the road to Deacon Brodies Tavern.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
- Alcohol and drugs
- Video recording
- Audio recording
Know before you go
- This tour is in English only. No audio guides or translations are available
- Entrance to the vaults is by a 2-foot step. It may not be suitable for those with limited mobility
- Single-floor spiral staircase at entrance/exit of vaults and further small sections of stairs inside
- The walking pace and terrain may not be suitable for those with any difficulty walking
- Tour suggested suitable for ages 12+.
- Children under 2 years not permitted.
- Some historical content may be of a distressing nature and may include themes related to torture, hangings, death, and the like
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be turned away