Let your guide bring the history of the palace and its gardens to life on a guided tour. See how the Habsburg Dynasty lived and learn more about the life of the Austrian court.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration options: 2 - 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Russian
- Wheelchair accessible
- Private or small groups available
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Tours operate rain or shine.
Select participants and date
Meet next to the ticket office on the right side of the main entrance to the Schönbrunn Palace. Look for the guide holding the red "Schönbrunn Palace and Gardens Tour" sign. If you are coming by subway take the U4 line from the Vienna State Opera station and travel in the direction of Hütteldorf. Get off at Schönbrunn station (6 stops). Exit the platform to the west (the direction of the train) and look for the lifts and stairs going up. Cross over the glass bridge and keep going straight onto a paved walkway. When it hits the main road at a pedestrian crossing, cross over the street and go right along the sidewalk until you reach the main gate of the palace. The walk from the subway station to the main gate is approximately 10 minutes.Open in Google Maps ⟶