Join a relaxing and safety-conscious e-bike tour of the ancient Appian Way from Rome. Explore the Roman Aqueducts by a Cannondale e-mountain bike with an optional visit to the early Christian Catacombs.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 4.5 - 6 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Italian, English, French, Dutch, German, Spanish
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- This tour has 2 versions: 6-h tour with Catacombs visit and 4.5-h tour without Catacombs visit.
- The length of both versions is 27 km (17 miles), 60% of which off-road. The level is intermediate (difficult with a child seat or child extension).
- On Wednesdays the morning 6-hour Appian Way tour lasts 6.5 hours.
- Around 40% of this tour takes place in the city. The tour runs on carefully chosen streets, but some traffic is unavoidable to connect the Appian Way to the Aqueducts Park. In the remaining 60% of the route (riding in parks), there is no traffic.
- Infants aged 1-4 years traveling on a child seat (max 55 lbs / 25 kg) come on the tour free of charge
- Children aged 5-8 years old join the tour on a child extension
- Children aged 9 and above can independently ride an E-bike
- This tour doesn't include any food/drinks; however, the route offers possibilities to purchase some.
- A minimum of 4 participants applies. In case it's not reached, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund.