A 90-minute walking tour from the dawn of Christianity to the birth of the Kit Kat. Find out why York is still a city with Viking mud on its boots and a taste of cocoa in the air.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
- Explore the labyrinth of medieval streets and snickelways
- Discover a Roman fortress and ruined abbey within a Victorian botanic garden
- Wander through the Shambles - the original Diagon Alley
- Find out how the Minster grew to become the country's largest gothic cathedral
- Locate the point where it is possible to see two thousand years of history - while turning on the spot
- Professional, experienced and fully-qualified tour guide
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet by the fountains outside York Art Gallery, Exhibition Square, York YO1 7EW.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Comfortable shoes are recommended as you will be on your feet though York is forgivingly flat.
- Suitable for all ages - family groups especially welcome.