Step back in time on a journey through Belgian history on a full-day tour to Ypres. Learn about World War I as you visit key sites from the period, including the Menin Gate Memorial and the cemetery. You will also see the iconic poppy fields of Flanders.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 9 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Discover key sites of World War I including battlefields, bunkers, and the town of Ypres
- See the picturesque Flemish countryside with its iconic poppy fields
- Learn historical facts about Belgium and Flanders
- Transport in an air-conditioned mini coach
- Museum entrance and a lunch at Hooge Crater
- Wheelchair users
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You must keep social distance while in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
The Kiss and Ride zone in front of the train station in Brugge. If your hotel is more than a 10-minute walk from a pick-up location, please call the tour operator before your tour to arrange an alternative pick-up time and place.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Please contact the tour operator ahead of time to cancel your reservation. No-shows will not be refunded.
- Please remember to wear good walking shoes as our tours involve quite a bit of walking about.
- This tour is not recommended for people with lesser mobility and for children younger than 8.
- Leaving Belgium after the tour:
- The tour is back in Bruges at the Floris Karos Hotel at around 18:00. This can vary by 15 minutes, so if you are on a time limit, keep this in mind when you book.
- Pick-up Service:
- If your hotel is more than a 10-minute walk from a pick-up location, please call the tour operator before your tour to arrange for a pick-up time and place.
- The minibus is air-conditioned and very comfortable. No smoking on board, please. However, the tour does stop frequently. It is possible to visit an ancestor's grave, but please ask in advance.