2. Eurail Global Mobile Pass
There are two types of Eurail Mobile Pass: Continuous and Flexi, with an option ranging from 4 days within a month to 3 months consecutive pass.
With the Eurail pass, travel on the national rail networks of 33 European countries (Austria, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Scotland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and Wales).
You can board most of the trains by showing the pass, however, there are a few exceptions where a reservation is needed before you board.
Everything on one app
Once you purchase the Eurail mobile pass, you will get a confirmation number. You need to download the Rail Planner app and enter your confirmation number to download the pass. Plan your journey, keep track of your trips and show mobile tickets straight from your device with a mobile Pass on the Rail Planner app.
Eurail pass allows children between the ages of 4-11 to travel free when accompanied by an adult, except wherever reservation fee is mandatory. Up to two children can travel with one adult. For example, when two adults are traveling, they can take four children with them. If more than two children are traveling with one adult, a separate Youth Pass needs to be purchased for the additional child. A child travelling with someone who has a Senior Pass or a Youth Pass is not eligible to travel for free. They must purchase a Child Pass.
Benefits of Eurail Global Pass
- Access unlimited train rides to visit over 40,000 destinations across 33 countries in Europe.
- Option of consecutive or flexible passes.
- Pass validity upto 11 months from the date of issue.
- No need for preselecting a start date until you travel.
- Children under 12 yrs travel free with an adult (max. 2 kids)
- Numerous discounts on services like sightseeing bus, ferry, hostels, food and many more with a Global pass.
- Cheaper than buying single travel ticket.