Venice: Murano and Burano Half-Day Glass and Lace Tour
Congratulations! You've stumbled across one of our most popular activities!
From US$ 39 per person
Meeting pointMeet your guide at 14:15 by the statue of the man on a horse at the San Zaccaria vaporetto stop, in front of the lagoon. Tour departs at 14:30
- Explore the glass blowing traditions of Murano at an artisan's workshop
- See women making lace on the tiny island of Burano, and get an explanation of the dying art in English
- Wander the streets of Burano to see the brightly painted houses
- Follow in the footsteps of Michelangelo and take home your own lace keepsake
- Glass making demonstration at a Murano factory, with commentary in English
- Lace making demonstration at a shop in Burano, with commentary in English
- Discount at the glass blowing and lace-making venues where the demonstrations are held (10% or more, depending on the item)
- Headsets where necessary
- Round-trip transportation by boat
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Good to Know
To big of a group and boat ride in front had "don't open window" and was extremely hot plus that many people. They should of opened window. Lace tour was such a small tour and again to big of a group and couldn't even hear or see what was being said.
We learnt a lot about glass making in Murano and lace making in Burano. Our guide (Manuela) was fantastic and went out of her way to inform on everything important about Venice. Highly recommended!
Fantastic your guide Ricardo, really enjoyed the whole afternoon. The boat was gorgeous! Well worth the money and really learned a lot from the trip :)
We had a great time on the tour. The glass making session on Murano was too good with detailed explanation of the process and intricacies required. Even better was Burano with its picturesque houses and lace making session. Our guide really knowledgeable about the city and its unique history. I recommend this for anyone visiting Venice.
Loved the size of the group. The guide was marvelous...I wish I remembered her name. The Murano part was ok. Wold have liked to spend more time with the demonstration. The best of the trip was Burano. We cheated and broke away from the group when before the Lace presentation so we could spend more time walking around. We even had time to stop for a drinks (limoncello and spritz). Perfect way to spend the afternoon.
Product ID: 21293