Enjoy a half-day cruise to the islands of Murano, Torcello and Burano in the Venetian Lagoon. The most famous of the Venetian islands, they are known throughout the world for their picturesque scenery, handicrafts, and history.
What to Expect
Take a half-day cruise to the most famous Venetian islands, known throughout the world for their picturesque scenery, craft traditions, and unique history. Departing from near Saint Mark’s Square, you will take an enjoyable trip across Saint Mark’s Basin, towards the Lido, and then back along the north coastline of the city.
On the boat, a live guide will illustrate the history of the lagoon and the three islands you will visit.
Your first stop will be the island of Murano. Sometimes referred to as the “Island of the Glass,” you will visit one of its famous glass factories and see the glass being manufactured and blown.
Afterwards head to Torcello, the most ancient of the inhabited islands. Visit the Byzantine Cathedral, and see the magnificent mosaics that represent The Last Judgment.
Continue to Burano, admiring the natural environment and the minor islands spread all around you. Enjoy some free time in Burano, a typical fishing island with colorful contrasts and chocolate-box painted houses. Look out, too, for much evidence of its renowned lace making and embroidery industry and try some of Burano’s notable homemade cakes.
- Boat transportation throughout
- Multilingual live guide on board the boat
What's Not Included
- Ticket and visit to Torcello Cathedral ( EUR 5)
What to Remember
• The tour is led in English, Italian, Spanish, French, and German
• You need to exchange your voucher for a ticket before boarding or show it on your mobile phone to staff at the tour operator's booth right in front of the dock to get the official transportation ticket
• Please note that once on the ground, this is not a guided tour. The guide will escort you to the glass factory in Murano and the lace shop in Burano. Afterwards, you will have time to explore each island on your own
• You will have approximately 45 minutes on each island