24/48-Hour San Francisco Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour
- 9:00 AM
- 6:00 PM
Meeting PointGuests may exchange their voucher at any one of the bus stops, or at the following ticket offices: 99 Jefferson Street, on the corner of Mason 333 Jefferson Street, corner of Jones The last bus for a full loop tour departs from Stop 1 at 17:00 Service is every 20 minutes during high season, and every 30 minutes during low season
- Explore San Francisco at your own pace with a 24-hour or 48-hour hop-on and hop-off sightseeing bus ticket
- Enjoy the sights and sounds of Fisherman's Wharf
- Follow in the footsteps of the Beat poets at North Beach
- Discover the origins of the hippie movement at Haight Ashbury
- Stroll through Golden Gate Park
- Explore the oldest Chinese immigrant neighborhood in the USA
Your ticket is valid for 24 or 48 hours of unlimited stops, and the buses halt every 10-30 minutes. Also included with every ticket are 3 free walking tours. Learn about 3 of San Francisco's most fascinating neighborhoods including North Beach, Chinatown, and the historic Barbary Coast. Join any of the 3 walking tours offered twice daily. Ask a Big Bus agent for time schedules and locations.
• Fisherman’s Wharf - Mason at Jefferson Street
• Fisherman’s Wharf - Taylor at Beach Street
• Washington Square - Columbus at Union Street, southwest corner
• Financial District - Clay and Battery, northeast corner
• Union Square, across from Macys
• Hilton Hotel - Mason Street at corner of Ellis
• Civic Center - Asian Art Museum, on Larkin Street
• Fulton Street at Inn at the Opera on Fulton at Franklin Street
• Alamo Square - Fell Street at the corner of Divisadero
• Haight and Ashbury - Stanyan and Haight Street, across from McDonalds
• Golden Gate Park - Music Concourse in front of the Academy of Sciences
• Golden Gate Bridge - South Vista Point
• Golden Gate Bridge - North Vista Point
• Palace of Fine Arts - Richardson at Francisco Street
• Lombard and Filmore Street, southwest corner
• Lombard and Gough Street, southeast corner
• Union Square - Post Street at Powell, in front of Westin St. Francis
• Gates to Chinatown - Grant at Bush Street, in front of the Triton Hotel
• Steuart Street, in front of Harbor Court Hotel
• Pier 39
Following Stop 20 (pier 39) the bus will start again at Stop 1. Feel free to stay on or get off as you please!
- 24-hour, or 48-hour unlimited hop-on and hop-off sightseeing bus tour
- Live tour guides or recorded commentary
- 3 free walking tours of North Beach, Chinatown, and the Barbary Coast
- When you buy a 2-hour bike rental, get an extra hour free
What's Not Included
- Food and drink
- Attraction entrance fees (other attractions can be purchased at the Visitor Center at 99, Jefferson Street)
Good to Know
• Buses run daily from 9:00-18:00
• Most of the open-top coaches are ADA-compliant: scooters, wheel chairs, bikes, and strollers are allowed. Please call the Visitor Center 24 hours in advance for a schedule of buses that are ADA-accessible.
• Live commentary is in English. Recorded commentary is available in 10 languages.
• Buses run every 10-30 minutes, depending on the day of the week and time of year. • The first bus departs at 9:00 from Fisherman's Wharf.
• The complete tour lasts approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.
• You can start or finish the tour at any of the stops.
We rode the full tour twice over our stay, stopping where we wanted to and hopping back on when we were ready to continue. The only downside is that at some times of the day the bus can be very busy, but we always managed to get a seat.
Its a whole lot of time sitting on a bus or waiting for a bus. Too expensive for what you get.
Great view from the top deck of the bus. Boarding was simple. I gave this a "Good" rating rather than "Exceptional" because the tour guide, while knowledgeable, was silent a lot more than he spoke. I felt there was a lot more information that could be shared about the area during the times when he remained silent.
Bus on time. Sometimes unfortunately full...employees very polite , and their comments throughout the tour interesting. Excellent solution to visit the city. Because traffic heavy and parking impossible. Great experience , will recommend it very strongly.