The tour guide was great! She was one of the best tour guides I've seen. However the only complaint about the tour is that we can't go back and revisit the museum which was a waste of the ticket. The tour takes you through the most famous of the paintings in the Vatican museum but did not have time to go through others.
No Wait: Sistine Chapel & Vatican Tickets & Tour
- See the Papal treasures of the Vatican Museums
- Marvel at the Sistine Chapel
- Go inside St. Peter's Basilica on the morning tour (except on Wednesday)
- See the Raphael Rooms, part of the Papal Apartments
- Skip the line for fast entry to the Vatican's most famous sights
Meeting pointMeet your tour guide at Piazza del Risorgimento, at the corner of Via Ottaviano (except hotel pick-up option).
Considered among the most important places in the history of human civilization, start your tour at the museum to see the important collections of art that various popes have acquired throughout the centuries.
Look out for renowned sculptures and masterpieces of Renaissance art. Feel the weight of history and get a sense of the sacred as you spy paintings by Raphael, Giotto, Leonardo da Vinci, Caravaggio, and Michelangelo, including his masterwork in the Sistine Chapel.
Only in the morning
Admire Bernini’s colonnade in St. Peter’s Square and go inside the Basilica. Built over the centuries by famous architects including Michelangelo, its iconic dome is one of the glittering symbols of Rome.
- Tour guide
- Entrance tickets
- No wait access
What's Not Included
- Pick-up – applies to all tours except the German tour with pick-up
- Drop off
- Entry to St. Peter’s Basilica – applies to all afternoon tours
Good to Know
- Tours run every day except Sundays and religious holidays.
- Tour ends close to St. Peter's Square.
- Strict dress code: no skirts above the knee, no shorts, no bare shoulders (tank tops or sleeveless blouses), and you must wear shoes. You will not be permitted inside the basilica unless you are dressed appropriately. Since this tour goes into the Basilica through the Sistine Chapel, it is important that you respect the dress code.
- If there are children with you, please do not take the tour with your baby buggy. Vatican Museums allows you to take baby buggies into the Museum, but not inside the Basilica, therefore it is strongly recommended that you do not carry the buggy with you before entering the Museums, otherwise you will risk losing the group at the Sistine Chapel.
- Please note that on Wednesdays the tour will not enter the Basilica due to the Papal audience
- Spanish, French (in low season, requires a minimum of 4 people) and German tours may be led in multiple languages
The guide's voice kept cutting out and sound quality was poor. The group of 38 was too large for the Sistine chapel and Vatican museums. Could hear almost nothing of the commentary and had trouble keeping together.
Very happy with the guide and enjoyed the tour.
Excellent tour, make sure you have all the time, the tour needs all the time!
Product ID: 9241