Skip-the-Line: Sistine Chapel & Vatican Tickets & Tour
Hotel Pick-upPick-up available from hotels within the Aurelian Walls. Please make sure to confirm the pick-up details with the local tour operator. Provide your address and the name of your hotel.
- See the Papal treasures of the Vatican Museums
- Marvel at the Sistine Chapel
- Go inside St. Peter's Basilica (except on Wednesday)
- See the Raphael Rooms, part of the Papal Apartments
- Skip the line for fast entry to the Vatican's most famous sights
What to Expect
Considered among the most important places in the history of human civilization, start your tour at the museum to see the important collections of art that various popes have acquired throughout the centuries.
Look out for renowned sculptures and masterpieces of Renaissance art. Feel the weight of history and get a sense of the sacred as you spy paintings by Raphael, Giotto, Leonardo da Vinci, Caravaggio, and Michelangelo, including his masterwork in the Sistine Chapel.
Only in the morning
Admire Bernini’s colonnade in St. Peter’s Square and go inside the Basilica. Built over the centuries by famous architects including Michelangelo, its iconic dome is one of the glittering symbols of Rome.
- Tour guide
- Entrance tickets
- No wait access
What's Not Included
- Pick-up – applies to all tours except the German tour with pick-up
- Drop off
- Entry to St. Peter’s Basilica – applies to all afternoon tours
What to Remember
• Tour ends close to St. Peter's Square.
• Strict dress code: no skirts above the knee, no shorts, no bare shoulders (tank tops or sleeveless blouses), and you must wear shoes. You will not be permitted inside the basilica unless you are dressed appropriately. Since this tour goes into the Basilica through the Sistine Chapel, it is important that you respect the dress code.
• If there are children with you, please do not take the tour with your baby buggy. Vatican Museums allows you to take baby buggies into the Museum, but not inside the Basilica, therefore it is strongly recommended that you do not carry the buggy with you before entering the Museums, otherwise you will risk losing the group at the Sistine Chapel.
• Please note that on Wednesdays the tour will not enter the Basilica due to the Papal audience
• Spanish, French (in low season, requires a minimum of 4 people) and German tours may be led in multiple languages
4.1 out of 5
3.9 out of 5
Value for money74%
3.7 out of 5
4.2 out of 5
very good The guide can keep your attention very well and tell us about all the details we have to know It was magnificent and well organized
your service was good. It was the guide that was not. We had just 3 hours and by the time we were half way through we had only seen the yard. She was hard to understand and boring!
We had a great day at the Vatican on this tour. It would have been almost pointless to try visiting the Vatican without a pre-booked tour on this particular day, as there would have been a 3-hour queue to get in, and we would have missed out on so much of the artwork without an expert to present it. Our guide was the lovely Sabrina who spoke excellent English and was full of knowledge of the paintings, sculptures, other artworks and Vatican history. There were some technical issues (intereference) with the audiosystem that the guide uses to speak to her group. Improved equipment would make the tour even better. Overall conclusion: Highly recommended.
Our guide Tina was very knowledgeable but due to poor quality receivers you could not catch all she said. Also I think she needs to hold the microphone closer to her mouth. There were too many people let into the chapel at the one time.
Product ID: 9241