Very informative tour.
- See the Papal treasures of the Vatican Museums
- Marvel at the Sistine Chapel
- Go inside St. Peter's Basilica on the morning tour (except on Wednesday)
- See the Raphael Rooms, part of the Papal Apartments
- Skip the line for fast entry to the Vatican's most famous sights
Meeting pointMeet your tour guide at Piazza del Risorgimento, at the corner of Via Ottaviano (except hotel pick-up option).
What's Not Included
Considered among the most important places in the history of human civilization, start your tour at the museum to see the important collections of art that various popes have acquired throughout the centuries.
Look out for renowned sculptures and masterpieces of Renaissance art. Feel the weight of history and get a sense of the sacred as you spy paintings by Raphael, Giotto, Leonardo da Vinci, Caravaggio, and Michelangelo, including his masterwork in the Sistine Chapel.
Only in the morning
Admire Bernini’s colonnade in St. Peter’s Square and go inside the Basilica. Built over the centuries by famous architects including Michelangelo, its iconic dome is one of the glittering symbols of Rome.
Good to Know
- Tours run every day except Sundays and religious holidays.
- Tour ends close to St. Peter's Square.
- Strict dress code: no skirts above the knee, no shorts, no bare shoulders (tank tops or sleeveless blouses), and you must wear shoes. You will not be permitted inside the basilica unless you are dressed appropriately. Since this tour goes into the Basilica through the Sistine Chapel, it is important that you respect the dress code.
- If there are children with you, please do not take the tour with your baby buggy. Vatican Museums allows you to take baby buggies into the Museum, but not inside the Basilica, therefore it is strongly recommended that you do not carry the buggy with you before entering the Museums, otherwise you will risk losing the group at the Sistine Chapel.
- Please note that on Wednesdays the tour will not enter the Basilica due to the Papal audience
- Spanish, French (in low season, requires a minimum of 4 people) and German tours may be led in multiple languages
Very knowledgeable tour guide.
This is a very worthwhile tour. There is time to view the highlights and you have about 30 minutes inside the sistine chapel. Glad I did it! One note. .don't take a large backpack. I had to check my bag....and the tour ends on the other side of the square. So, be prepared for a hike back to the entrance if you do bring a large bag.
Because it was the Popes birthday the organisation was not as smooth as normal, however this was not the fault of the guide. Except for this we found the tour informative & interesting.
Great tour guide with fantastic knowledge and excellent english