Really enjoyed this tour, there were 9 of us in my group and only about another 7 with us so it was a nice size, soooooo so glad we booked with a queue jump after seeing the massive queue. Our guide was really nice and knew all of her stuff, little bit disappointed we didn't get to see the spiral stairs (as done am tour) would have rather seen them and cut down the time in the Sistine Chapel but that is only our opinion. Very happy with this experience.
- See the Papal treasures of the Vatican Museums
- Marvel at the Sistine Chapel
- Go inside St. Peter's Basilica on the morning tour (except on Wednesday)
- See the Raphael Rooms, part of the Papal Apartments
- Skip the line for fast entry to the Vatican's most famous sights
Meeting pointThe meeting point is approximately a 10-minute walk from the attractions.
Considered among the most important places in the history of human civilization, start your tour at the museum to see the important collections of art that various popes have acquired throughout the centuries.
Look out for renowned sculptures and masterpieces of Renaissance art. Feel the weight of history and get a sense of the sacred as you spy paintings by Raphael, Giotto, Leonardo da Vinci, Caravaggio, and Michelangelo, including his masterwork in the Sistine Chapel.
Only in the morning
Admire Bernini’s colonnade in St. Peter’s Square and go inside the Basilica. Built over the centuries by famous architects including Michelangelo, its iconic dome is one of the glittering symbols of Rome.
- Guided tour
- Entrance tickets
- Professional tour guide
- Skip-the-line entrance
What's Not Included
- Pick-up – applies to all tours except the German tour with pick-up
- Drop off
- Entry to St. Peter’s Basilica – applies to all afternoon tours
Good to Know
- Tours run every day except Sundays and religious holidays.
- Tour ends close to St. Peter's Square.
- Strict dress code: no skirts above the knee, no shorts, no bare shoulders (tank tops or sleeveless blouses), and you must wear shoes. You will not be permitted inside the basilica unless you are dressed appropriately. Since this tour goes into the Basilica through the Sistine Chapel, it is important that you respect the dress code.
- If there are children with you, please do not take the tour with your baby buggy. Vatican Museums allows you to take baby buggies into the Museum, but not inside the Basilica, therefore it is strongly recommended that you do not carry the buggy with you before entering the Museums, otherwise you will risk losing the group at the Sistine Chapel.
- Please note that on Wednesdays the tour will not enter the Basilica due to the Papal audience
- Spanish, French (in low season, requires a minimum of 4 people) and German tours may be led in multiple languages
Knowledgeable guide and interesting tour. Will be doing this again
By the time we arrived in St. Peters, I had taken out my touring earpiece because it was such a waste of time. I did not feel as if I gained any more information from the tour guide than I would have gleaned on my own from reading the captions below some of the paintings, tapestries, etc. or from reading up on the subjects beforehand. Our tour guide was inaudible most of the time, and when he was speaking about something, it was rarely about anything more than which way to walk, where we should stand, or how many people in the group were missing. Definitely not worth the 45 Euro I spent. I would highly recommend buying a museum guide or a book beforehand and just purchasing tickets rather than a tour. It will save you from agonizingly slow walking speeds with a group, as well as a highly inefficient and unhelpful touring experience.
Very informative tour.
Very knowledgeable tour guide.