One can never really imagine what the experience of seeing the many paintings within the walls of the Sistine Chapel. I was surrounded by the souls of the artists. Simply breathtaking. I wish I had more time to walk through at my own pace but when you are on a tour it is time limited.
Skip the Line: Sistine Chapel & Vatican Tickets & Tour
SKIP THE LINE
Want to jump to the front of the queue? Booking this ticket helps you do just that!
- See the Papal treasures of the Vatican Museums
- Marvel at the Sistine Chapel
- Go inside St. Peter's Basilica on the morning tour (except on Wednesday)
- See the Raphael Rooms, part of the Papal Apartments
- Skip the line for fast entry to the Vatican's most famous sights
Meeting pointMeet your tour guide at Piazza del Risorgimento, at the corner of Via Ottaviano (except hotel pick-up option).
Considered among the most important places in the history of human civilization, start your tour at the museum to see the important collections of art that various popes have acquired throughout the centuries.
Look out for renowned sculptures and masterpieces of Renaissance art. Feel the weight of history and get a sense of the sacred as you spy paintings by Raphael, Giotto, Leonardo da Vinci, Caravaggio, and Michelangelo, including his masterwork in the Sistine Chapel.
Only in the morning
Admire Bernini’s colonnade in St. Peter’s Square and go inside the Basilica. Built over the centuries by famous architects including Michelangelo, its iconic dome is one of the glittering symbols of Rome.
- Guided tour
- Entrance tickets
- Professional tour guide
- Skip-the-line entrance
What's Not Included
- Pick-up – applies to all tours except the German tour with pick-up
- Drop off
- Entry to St. Peter’s Basilica – applies to all afternoon tours
Good to Know
- Tours run every day except Sundays and religious holidays.
- Tour ends close to St. Peter's Square.
- Strict dress code: no skirts above the knee, no shorts, no bare shoulders (tank tops or sleeveless blouses), and you must wear shoes. You will not be permitted inside the basilica unless you are dressed appropriately. Since this tour goes into the Basilica through the Sistine Chapel, it is important that you respect the dress code.
- If there are children with you, please do not take the tour with your baby buggy. Vatican Museums allows you to take baby buggies into the Museum, but not inside the Basilica, therefore it is strongly recommended that you do not carry the buggy with you before entering the Museums, otherwise you will risk losing the group at the Sistine Chapel.
- Please note that on Wednesdays the tour will not enter the Basilica due to the Papal audience
- Spanish, French (in low season, requires a minimum of 4 people) and German tours may be led in multiple languages
Our promise to you
- Speedy booking and reserved spots
- No-hassle Best Price Guarantee
Let's help Nepal
Join us in helping them rebuild their lives.
Photo: Domenico via flickr
Let's help Nepal.
GetYourGuide is a global marketplace. We work closely with partners in communities trying to recover from this devastating earthquake.
This month, we will donate 50% of all profits raised from purchases in Nepal and its neighboring countries of Bhutan, Tibet, India, and China, to Oxfam International’s Fund.
Many people in these affected areas rely on travelers like you for their livelihoods. Join us in helping them rebuild their lives.
Good to skip the queue but I left the Vatican still feeling like I had seen nothing and the hour at the start checking in was painful and totally unecessary. It was so overcrowded it was ridiculous and our guide couldn't have been more disinterested. She almost sprinted through the museum with and hardly said a word about any of the sculptures and items on display. The speed meant there was no time to read any of the information printed in the museum. I would have learnt more without the guide! Definitely one for the low season only!
Rafael was excellent - she was very knowledgeable and friendly
Guide was excellent but we booked at 2.30 with skipping the row and started at 1517.... We should get the time refunded!!!!!
I would recommend this tour to anyone as you are give such excellent information, and are able to by-pass the queues to enter.
Product ID: 9241