Tour guide was knowledgeable, and very helpful. It was worth it, just to skip the lines! The one thing I would personally do differently next time would be to hand in my headset prior to the Sistine Chapel, so I could sit there as long as I'd like. The tour guide, appropriately, had to keep the group moving according to schedule, but you can't go back to the Chapel once you leave. I could have easily spent an hour there! But I know that wouldn't have worked for a group. Plus, it was great to hear the guide's info about the Basilica after the Chapel, so I'm glad to not have missed that.
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel & St. Peter's
Congratulations! You've stumbled across one of our most popular activities!
Once a year, we set out to find the best tours from across the globe! This activity was nominated for World's Best Attraction in 2014!
SKIP THE LINE
Want to jump to the front of the queue? Booking this ticket helps you do just that!
- Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this guided tour (entrance tickets not included)
- Tour in a small group that never exceeds 25 people
- Admire the beautiful Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica
- Feast your eyes on the artwork of old masters like Michelangelo and Raphael
- Explore the Pio Clementine Museum, Belvedere Courtyard, and more
Meeting pointMeet your tour guide at Via Germanico 8, at the intersection of Via Germanico and Via Leone IV.
Vatican City is one of the most interesting and beautiful sites in the world; your expert guide will take you to some of the major attractions, as well as to some lesser-known spots that other tourists often miss. You will receive a broad base for understanding the remarkable history, architecture, and politics of the Vatican.
The walking tour goes beyond the gold, pomp, and stateliness, revealing a history full of dark tales of deceit and lust. Get a taste of it all as you uncover the nitty-gritty and the high and mighty, the dirty politics and the ethereal beauty of this most remarkable of Renaissance creations. A world of discovery awaits you.
- Skip-the-line access at the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica
What's Not Included
- Entrance tickets - purchase these at the meeting point on the day of the tour
Good to Know
- Tickets for the Vatican Museums cost 23 EUR for adults and 16 EUR for students under 26 who have an ISIC card. The ticket fee must be paid to the guide in cash on the day of the tour. This ticket fee includes the EUR 4 ticket booking fee and EUR 2 fee for headsets.
- St. Peter's is closed during the following times, as it will be closed (during these times the tour will visit other parts of the museums):
- Wednesdays: 8:00-12:00
- Fridays: at 15:00 and 19:30
- On 24 and 31 December
- On rare occasions, St. Peter's Basilica closes without notice. In these circumstances, the tour will include a 3-hour visit to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel instead of St. Peter's. The tour operator will not offer refunds.
- At the Vatican, please abide by the dress code and keep shoulders and knees covered. This dress code is strictly enforced and you may be refused entrance if you do not follow it.
- Please note that this tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
Our guide was fantastic, very knowledgable and professionable.
Knowledgeable guide - enjoyed it.
The tour is worth every penny ! The tour guide lady was extremely nice ! And well educated
The guide was very nice and good, we realy saved time skipping the line. 3 hours are not enough for this tour, we 've felt in a hurry
Product ID: 1103