Easy to book, guide was very knowledgeable and answered questions made sure all of group were looked after as my sister is visually impaired she showed pictures my sister could see. There was enough time to enjoy the Vatican not too rushed.
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel & St. Peter's
Congratulations! You've stumbled across one of our most popular activities!
Once a year, we set out to find the best tours from across the globe! This activity was nominated for World's Best Attraction in 2014!
SKIP THE LINE
Want to jump to the front of the queue? Booking this ticket helps you do just that!
- Skip the long lines to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica
- Tour in a small group that never exceeds 25 people
- See all the most important sights in the Vatican City
- Feast your eyes on the artwork of old masters like Michelangelo and Raphael
- Explore the Pio Clementine Museum, Belvedere Courtyard, and more
Meeting pointMeet your tour guide at Via Germanico 8, at the corner of Via Germanico and Via Leone IV.
Vatican City is one of the most interesting and beautiful sites in the world; your expert guide will take you to some of the major attractions, as well as to some lesser-known spots that other tourists often miss. You will receive a broad base for understanding the remarkable history, architecture, and politics of the Vatican.
The walking tour goes beyond the gold, pomp, and stateliness, revealing a history full of dark tales of deceit and lust. Get a taste of it all as you uncover the nitty-gritty and the high and mighty, the dirty politics and the ethereal beauty of this most remarkable of Renaissance creations. A world of discovery awaits you.
- Skip-the-line access at the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica
What's Not Included
- Entrance tickets - purchase these at the meeting point on the day of the tour
Good to Know
- The tour does not include a visit to St. Peter's during the following times, as it will be closed. Alternatively, the tour will visit other parts of the museums:
- Wednesdays from 8:00-12:00
- On Fridays, the 15:00 and 19:30 tours
- On 24 and 31 December
- On rare occasions, St. Peter's Basilica closes without notice. In these circumstances, the tour will include a 3-hour visit to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel instead of St. Peter's. The tour operator will not offer refunds.
- At the Vatican, please abide by the dress code and keep shoulders and knees covered. This dress code is strictly enforced and you may be refused entrance if you do not follow it.
- Tickets for the Vatican Museums cost 23 EUR for adults and 16 EUR for students under 26 who have an ISIC card. The ticket fee must be paid to the guide in cash on the day of the tour. This ticket fee already includes the EUR 4 ticket booking fee and EUR 2 fee for headsets.
- Please note that this tour is not wheelchair-accessible
Our promise to you
- Speedy booking and reserved spots
- No-hassle Best Price Guarantee
Let's help Nepal
Join us in helping them rebuild their lives.
Photo: Domenico via flickr
Let's help Nepal.
GetYourGuide is a global marketplace. We work closely with partners in communities trying to recover from this devastating earthquake.
This month, we will donate 50% of all profits raised from purchases in Nepal and its neighboring countries of Bhutan, Tibet, India, and China, to Oxfam International’s Fund.
Many people in these affected areas rely on travelers like you for their livelihoods. Join us in helping them rebuild their lives.
Everything went very well
Directions to tour office could have been clearer. We spent 25 minutes outside listening to details that did not enhance my experience. Would not recommend.
We took two tours last 2 days, both awesome!!!! Thank you!!!!
We had a great time, guide was excellent
Product ID: 1103