Communism and Nuclear Bunker Tour
From US$ 29 per person
- Visit a real nuclear bunker from the 1950´s (50 feet underground), with cold war time expositions, genuine equipment and a gasmask workshop.
- Get a feel for how life used to be in the communism and cold war period in Czechoslovakia.
- Your expert guide will recount tales about the lives of spies, political prisoners, cold war refugees, dissidents and other authentic stories
What to Expect
You will learn about the history of communism, hear cold war stories and about the biggest statue of Stalin ever built and the former headquarters of the former communist secret police.
Afterwards the tour will lead you for a visit to Prague’s largest nuclear bunker. Built in the 1950’s, this bunker was designed to accommodate up to 5000 people.
The tour will conclude with a trip to the nuclear bunker museum which will include cold war expositions and a special gasmask workshop.
- English speaking guide
- Transport fees to and from the bunker
- Entrance to the nuclear bunker museum and expositions.
What's Not Included
- Pick-up from your hotel is not included
4.4 out of 5
4.6 out of 5
Value for money82%
4.1 out of 5
4.7 out of 5
Good review that was not too big. Found the dressing up element uncomfortable to watch.
Very interesting tour. I would highly recommended it to anyone wanting to learn more about communism during and after WW II. The tour of the bunker was the highlight.
Tour guide 'Brett' was a history major at Charles University and his knowledge of the communist period in Prague and CZ was extensive and shared fluidly and interestingly. Starting with a walking tour new Old Town Square we learned of the heros of rebellion against communism and the powerful leaders during the period from post WW I throu to formation of Czech Republic. A short metro ride and walk took us to the bunker where we learned more as we descended to see exhibits and feel what it might have been like to use the bunker - which, in fact, is still operational and maintained weekly 'just in case'. Highly recommended for your next trip to Prague!
Our guide Honza took us on an entertaining and informative tour through the history and alongside important buildings of the communist times in Prague. The bunker at the end of the tour was impressive.
Really like it to learn more about communism, good relaxed guidance and the visit to the bunker was a a good addition to the tour! Tip:it might be nice to combine this with a visit to the TV tower which is in the same area.
Product ID: 15368