Eiffel Tower Tickets: Exclusive Behind the Scenes Tour
From US$ 33 per person
Our promise to you
- Speedy booking and reserved spots
- No-hassle Best Price Guarantee
What You'll Do
- Visit the military bunker of the Eiffel Tower, under the Champs de Mars
- Get exclusive access to the machinery room, under the east pillar of the Eiffel Tower
- Learn about the workings of the impressive engine room and see how the Tower's elevators operate
- End your tour on the roof of the famous restaurant Le Jules Verne for an extraordinary view of Paris
What to Expect
Built for the World Fair in 1889, Gustave Eiffel’s plans were chosen at a major competition to study the possibility of raising an iron tower on the Champ de Mars. With a base of 125 square meters, and soaring to a height of over 980 feet (300 meters), Eiffel’s tower was selected from among 107 projects, and took 2 years, 2 months, and 5 days to construct. Since its opening, visitors have been able to access the floors of the monument via lifts, a technical feat for its time. Carefully preserved, this exceptional structural heritage testifies to the visionary genius of Gustave Eiffel.
Accompanied by a guide, who will recount numerous anecdotes throughout your visit, you will go behind the scenes of the staggering monument. Enter the former bunker, hidden under the Champ de Mars. A true privilege, slip backstage to the impressive engine room, which still controls the elevators. Next, head to the second floor. You will be greeted by amazing views. As a VIP, ascend to the roof of the prestigious restaurant, Le Jules Verne, to discover an incredible 360° panorama of Paris.
Please note that tickets for the Eiffel tower can only be purchased by the local operator 3 months in advance.
- Guided tour in English
- Ticket to the second floor of the Eiffel Tower
- Access to the Eiffel Tower's wings, exclusively available only to participants of this tour, and not to general visitors
What's Not Included
- Access to the 3rd floor of the Eiffel Tower (a ticket can be purchased on the 2nd floor should you wish to carry on further)
Under the North Pillar of the Eiffel Tower, in front of the bust of Gustave Eiffel. Your guide will have a placard saying "Guided Tour Cultival". The Eiffel Tower, 5 avenue Anatole France Champ de Mars, 75007 Paris Metro: Bir-hakeim / Dupleix , Trocadéro [6, 9], Ecole Militaire ; Champs de Mars Tour Eiffel [RER C] Bus: 42, 69, 72, 82, 87 Parking: Suffren, under the Champs de Mars, next to rue de Suffren
What to Remember
• The behind-the-scenes guided tour does not give clients priority access to the elevators. The local tour provider cannot be responsible for waiting times caused by a large number of visitors, or any technical problems that could change the course of the visit on the tour date itself. No refunds are possible in such cases
• This tour is not available for children under the age of 6
• High-heeled shoes are not allowed on this tour for security reasons
• The Eiffel Tower reserves the right to verify the contents of clients' bags and, if applicable, confiscate any items considered to be dangerous
• The tour will depart at the time indicated. All latecomers risk missing the tour as missed tours cannot be rescheduled or refunded
It was good , but I thought my ticket was to take me to the summit .. but I discover it was only for floor2
Our tour guide was excellent. She was very amusing and I loved the way she told the story. I would definitely recommend doing this tour.
I recommend the Eiffel-behind the scenes tour to everyone. You can learn some interesting stories about the tower and the history. After the guided walk around the tower, we could reach the 2nd floor quickly.
The guide was very helpful as we booked for another day by accident and he accepted us to follow the tour a day before (we were lucky though as 2people didn't show up). The overall guide was ok.
The guide Louise gave excellent information and detailed explanations. She answered all our questions and was very patient, friendly and enthusiastic. The guide was very knowledgeable about everything she showed us.
Product ID: 2669