New Orleans' St. Louis Cemetery Tour
- Learn why New Orleans buries its dead above ground when you visit St. Louis Cemetery #1
- Visit the tomb of Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau, the 2nd-most visited tomb in the U.S.
- Hear about the history of voodoo and its connections to the French Quarter
What to Expect
After meeting your guide at Rev. Zombies Voodoo Shop in the French Quarter, you’ll walk to the cemetery to explore curiosities and hear tales of some of the city’s personalities, such as Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau, whose tomb is the 2nd-most visited burial site in America.
You’ll see the final resting place of many of New Orleans’ most notable celebrities on an excursion that is as educational as it is fun. On this tour that’s been recommended by the Travel Channel, A&E, and the History Channel, you’ll learn the history of voodoo and its connection to the French Quarter on a journey back through time.
- Tour of St. Louis Cemetery #1, New Orleans oldest active City of the Dead
- Visit to the tomb of Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau (the 2nd-most visited tomb in the country)
What's Not Included
5.0 out of 5
4.1 out of 5
Value for money92%
4.6 out of 5
4.8 out of 5
We enjoyed the tour. She was pleasant and knowledgeable.
We loved the history shared by Jennifer! Great tour!
Tour was excellent. Our guide (sorry forgot his name) is very knowledgeable.
Very interesting tour. I saw the burial sites of many famous people and learned about how people are buried in New Orleans, very unique. I also saw Nicolas cages tomb for someday when he passes. Awesome tour and our tour guide was studying to be a history major, so he knew a lot of very interesting facts, plus a really nice guy. The only negative was the size if the tour group. We had 25 people in our group which was a lot., but I understand each tour needs to be profitable. But definitely worth taking. I wish a small group or private tour had been offered.
My friend and I took the tour and loved it. Clint, our guide,was funny and very knowledgable. I would highly recommend it!