My husband and I really enjoyed this Rum Tasting/Walking tour in Nassau!! It ended up being a private tour for us as we were the only ones booked for the 11am time slot. The guide, Orchid, was very knowledgeable and personable. It was really a great tour and it gives you a peek into Nassau and the history of the island. Once the tour ended, she walked us down by the beach & pointed us in the right direction to grab a bite to eat. This day was one of the highlights of our cruise! Thank you, Orchid!! Take care, Irene & Sal Motta
Nassau: Rum Tastings and Culinary Walking Tour
From US$ 69.34 per person
Meeting pointMeet at Pirate's Pub & Grill, King & George Streets (next door to the Pirates of Nassau Museum)
- Taste Bahamian rum and other spirits, baked, infused, in cocktails, and straight out of the bottle
- Visit Nassau's newly established rum distillery and chocolate factory
- Meet some of Nassau's most hilarious bartenders at local pubs and bars along the way
- See where thousands of barrels of alcohol were stored during US prohibition days
- Learn how Nassau became known as the Pirate's Republic and a haven for buccaneers and bootleggers
- Hear the history of rum production, and its modern uses in the Bahamas
- Rum tastings
- 2 cocktails
- Rum infused desserts and chocolates
- Restroom facilities at each stop
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes and fees
What's Not Included
- Transportation to/from tour meeting point
- Gratuities (optional)
Good to Know
You must be 18 with a valid photo ID to participate in the rum and cocktail tastings.
The tour guide was so knowledgeable and friendly. The tour was very educational and all the prople were so nice. We we were vey lucky to get such a great guide and we had a fantastic time.
We thoroughly enjoyed this tour. You learn the history of the island and try some fantastic rums and treats. Do make sure that you eat before though because it winds up being more drinking than just a couple samples. the cocktails and desserts included were great too. Our guide was very knowledgeable and fun.
The tour was awesome, and our guide (Orchid Wynd) was absolutely fantastic! The rum was great and the tour was fun. Loved seeing the sights and learning all about the Bahamas. I would definitely recommend! :)
A short but very fun tour that will give you some history of the rum trade in the Bahamas as well as some great samples! The John Waitling Distillery tour and tasting is especially great. And our guide was very friendly, humorous, and fun. Definitely worth doing!
Product ID: 33597