My husband and I really enjoyed this Rum Tasting/Walking tour in Nassau!! It ended up being a private tour for us as we were the only ones booked for the 11am time slot. The guide, Orchid, was very knowledgeable and personable. It was really a great tour and it gives you a peek into Nassau and the history of the island. Once the tour ended, she walked us down by the beach & pointed us in the right direction to grab a bite to eat. This day was one of the highlights of our cruise! Thank you, Orchid!! Take care, Irene & Sal Motta
Nassau: Rum Tastings and Culinary Walking Tour
Congratulations! You've stumbled across one of our most popular activities!
From US$ 69.34 per person
- Taste Bahamian rum and other spirits, baked, infused, in cocktails, and straight out of the bottle
- Visit Nassau's newly established rum distillery and chocolate factory
- Meet some of Nassau's most hilarious bartenders at local pubs and bars along the way
- See where thousands of barrels of alcohol were stored during US prohibition days
- Learn how Nassau became known as the Pirate's Republic and a haven for buccaneers and bootleggers
- Hear the history of rum production, and its modern uses in the Bahamas
Meeting pointMeet at Pirate's Pub & Grill, King & George Streets (next door to the Pirates of Nassau Museum)
This culinary tour takes you on a journey back to pirate-plundering and rum-running days when rum and other spirits played a rich and colorful role in Bahamian history. Starting at Pirate’s Pub, next to the Pirates of Nassau Museum, enjoy a swig of the demon water, and delve into a time when inebriated pirates roamed these very streets.
After sampling some rum-infused delicacies at Hillside House, and boozy hand-crafted chocolates at Graycliff Chocolatier, wash it all down with rum samples and a cocktail at John Watling’s Distillery. Hear profiteering tales of old, when these historic properties stored liquor for ocean transport across illicit passages of the Gulf Stream from Nassau’s harbor.
Strap on your buccaneering boots for a jolly good time, and grab your satchel - you’ll want to carry some of this elixir home!
- Rum tastings
- 2 cocktails
- Rum infused desserts and chocolates
- Restroom facilities at each stop
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes and fees
What's Not Included
- Transportation to/from tour meeting point
- Gratuities (optional)
Good to Know
- Wear ventilated fabric and comfortable clothing. Pack your camera, hat, and sunscreen. Also have a bite to eat before you come, as the rum tastings are quite strong on an empty stomach! All stops have restroom facilities, however, it is advisable to visit one beforehand
- You must be 18 with a valid photo ID to participate in the rum and cocktail tastings.
The tour guide was so knowledgeable and friendly. The tour was very educational and all the prople were so nice. We we were vey lucky to get such a great guide and we had a fantastic time.
We thoroughly enjoyed this tour. You learn the history of the island and try some fantastic rums and treats. Do make sure that you eat before though because it winds up being more drinking than just a couple samples. the cocktails and desserts included were great too. Our guide was very knowledgeable and fun.
The tour was awesome, and our guide (Orchid Wynd) was absolutely fantastic! The rum was great and the tour was fun. Loved seeing the sights and learning all about the Bahamas. I would definitely recommend! :)
A short but very fun tour that will give you some history of the rum trade in the Bahamas as well as some great samples! The John Waitling Distillery tour and tasting is especially great. And our guide was very friendly, humorous, and fun. Definitely worth doing!
Product ID: 33597