Great Ocean Road Day Tour from Melbourne
- Enjoy a small group tour along the Great Ocean Road, one of Australia's most famous road trips
- Get ready for guaranteed koala sightings at Kennett River
- Take an enchanting rainforest walk in the Great Otway National Park
- Visit the stirring sights of the Shipwreck Coast, including the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge, and Gibson Step
- Take an optional 10-minute helicopter ride over the Shipwreck Coast
What to Expect
The scenic journey along the Great Ocean Road takes in some truly amazing coastal scenery, with new views being revealed around every bend. You will make plenty of scenic stops, including a photo opportunity at the Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch at Eastern View.
Afterwards, follow the Great Ocean Road away from the water and into the mountains. Proceed through the spectacular Otway Ranges and stop to enjoy a stroll in the cool, temperate rainforest at Maits Rest.
Continue to Port Campbell National Park, with its iconic array of rock formations. Be awestruck by the majestic monoliths of the 12 Apostles. A dinner stop is made on the journey back to Melbourne at the beautiful township of Colac, before enjoying a stunning view of the illuminated city as you cross Westgate Bridge on the way home.
- Free Wi-Fi on board the tour bus
- Complementary inner city pick-up and drop off
- Small group tour
- Expert local guide
- iPod audio language translators (if requested)
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Morning tea
- Delicious café lunch
- National Park admission fees
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's Not Included
- Additional meals and snacks
- Gratuities (optional)
What to Remember
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible
• iPods audio language translators are provided for use, and must be requested at time of booking
• Vehicles hold a maximum of 24 passengers
• Pick-ups start at 07:00. Please contact Go West to confirm exact time of pick-up from your accommodation
• Bookings required at least 72 hours prior to departure
• For those guests who do not want to take the optional helicopter ride over the Shipwreck Coast, an alternative stop is possible at Gibsons Steps. Here guests can descend the steps to Gibsons Beach below for beach level views of two of the Twelve Apostles
4.6 out of 5
4.7 out of 5
Value for money92%
4.6 out of 5
4.6 out of 5
The tour and the guide was excellent! Mr.Jon who drove and guided was fantastic with his excellent social skills, kept the entire touring members happy by his jokes and knowledge on the place we visited.. Highly reccomended!!!
Bex our guide was brilliant - very friendly and talkative providing lots of information throughout the long day. The tour is well worth doing, there is plenty of stops of reasonable time (doing the tour in winter the locations were not busy) although due to the distances involved you spend quite a bit of time on the mini bus. We left the city just before 8am and got back just after 9pm even getting to see the sunset at the 12 apostles.
Our guide Zac was good. He kept us entertained in the bus and he gave us good information throughout the trip.
The guide was well informed and easy to listen to. The music was a great touch and helped to MAKE the tour. Timing was well executed considering the distance travelled. Would not want to cut anything. We will definitely be returning ourselves of take advantage of other tours on future trips to Melbourne.
Awesome Day! Our guide Lee was fantastic! Incredible place ti see for an absolutly awesome Day!
Product ID: 11856