2.5-Hour Jasper Park Rafting Trip
Experience a wilderness rafting adventure down Jasper National Park’s Athabasca River
Sit back and enjoy the spectacular scenery park scenery while your guides do the rowing
Travel in a specially designed, safe and comfortable 25-foot oar-driven raft
Learn about the natural wonders and wildlife of Canadian Rockies from you National Park guide
Take a fun and scenic trip down the Athabasca River in Jasper National Park. This guided rafting tour is suitable for all ages. Sit back and relax as your guide does the rowing and tells you about points of interest.
Take a fun and scenic trip down the Athabasca River, a designated Canadian Heritage River.A National Park-licensed guide will provide commentary on the human and natural history of Jasper while navigating you along the same route used by the fur traders over 200 years ago. The specially designed, 7-meter- or 25-foot-long, oar-powered rafts come equipped with life jackets, and provide a safe, comfortable ride through a few small sets of rapids and calm stretches that any first-time rafter will enjoy. Don’t worry - the guides do all the rowing. All you have to do is sit back and relax while you take in the spectacular scenery.
You can spot various local wildlife, including elks, deer, moose, coyotes, wolves, eagles, ospreys, mountain sheep, and bears.
• Round-trip transportation
• Life jacket
• Rain ponchos, if necessary
What's Not Included:
• Souvenir photos - available for purchase
Good to Know:
• Bring sunglasses, a hat, and a water bottle
• Please reconfirm tour booking 24 to 48 hours prior to tour departure
• The tour operates on Mountain Time
• Tours operate rain or shine
• Rivers are rated on a scale of 1 to 6; Class 1 is calm moving water, Class 6 is Niagara Falls. The section of the Athabasca River you'll raft on is rated Class 2.
• This trip is designed for the whole family; toddlers to seniors aged from 2 up to 102 years old are welcome.
• Wetsuits are not provided and they are not necessary for this type of raft / float trip.
• When necessary, you'll be provided with a plastic rain poncho to protect you from splashes and potential rain showers.
• Life jackets are provided, and must be worn at all times.
Filter by Rating
Reviewed by a GetYourGuide Customer from Manchester, United Kingdom on August 31st, 2013 From A to Z: perfect. Pick-up at the hotel was on time, we were brought to their office and outfitted with rain slickers and life jackets, given some instructions and off it went on a fun rafting ride that got nice and exhilarating without ever feeling actually unsafe, and finally, we were dropped back off where we started at the end. If we're ever back in Jasper, we'll definitely be looking this company up again. Cheers, Matt and Lizzie.
“Cheap and amazing first time rafting”
Reviewed by a GetYourGuide Customer from Winnipeg, Canada on June 15th, 2013 Oh man, Jasper is sosososoSO beautiful!! And rafting was really fun. I never did it before but the staff were so great, it was a breeze. For such a cheap yet amazing rafting experience I am so happy to have been!
“One great tour down the Athabasca!!”
Reviewed by Fabian from Timmins, Canada on July 10th, 2011 A majestic but exciting raft tour! The guides were great! Good times!
Toby was an amazing guide! Hats off to ya! Even though Mike lost a paddle and almost ended up in the drink lol! Great way to spend an afternoon on my first trip to Jasper !
Product ID: 94939493
Speedy booking and reserved spots
No-hassle Best Price Guarantee