we saw the medieval city seeping through the modern surface
Genoa: 2-Hour Guided Walking Tour of the Historical Center
From US$ 13 per person
- See the Palazzi dei Rolli, the magnificent residences used by the Genoese Republic to host nobles and authorities visiting the city
- Follow the labyrinth of narrow alleys (“Caruggi”) through Genoa and discover the treasures at every corner of the historical center
- Admire the artwork at the Strada Nuova Museums, including important collections from the 15th to 18th centuries
- Visit San Matteo Square, which symbolizes the power of the Doria family, one of Genoa’s most important families
- See San Lorenzo Cathedral, the Romanesque gothic church housing many religious objects including the “Sacro Catino”, believed to be the Holy Grail
- Visit Doge Palace, the government seat of the Republic for centuries
Meeting pointTourist Information Office, Area Porto Antico - Palazzina Santa Maria, Via al Porto Antico 2
- Access to the Strada Nuova Museums
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
Good to Know
Saturdays 10:00 - tour in Italian and English
Saturdays 14:30 - tour in Italian and Spanish
Sundays 10:00 - tours in Italian, English, French, and German
On the 25th of April and on the 1st of May the tour will start at 14:30 and will be held in Italian and English only.
On the 26th of April the tour will start at 10:30 and will be held in Italian and English only.
At the end of the itinerary the guide will introduce the Museums of Strada Nuova to the participants, who will then proceed alone. Please note that the visit to the Museums should be done within the same day of the tour.
I really enjoyed this tour. It was just the right length and amount of walking. The two hours flew by and I learned a lot. I would highly recommend this tour to others.
Sped through Italian and English portions, never answered questions
Guide did a superior job with large group (about 30) who spoke multiple languages.
We booked this private tour instead of booking through the cruise excursion desk. In talking with others who opted for the cruise excursion we were pleased to learn our tour was smaller, more informative and personal. Thank you for a great day!
Genova Tourism Board
Product ID: 13191