Day Trip down the Rhine with Wine Tasting
From US$ 102 per person
Pick-up serviceYou will be picked up at your hotel in Frankfurt am Main by bus and driven to the meeting point for the Rhine Cruise transfer. Please indicate the name of your hotel when booking.
Our promise to you
- Speedy booking and reserved spots
- No-hassle Best Price Guarantee
What You'll Do
- See the UNESCO world heritage site of the Rhine Valley
- Marvel at the famous Lorelei-Rocks
- Travel in comfort on a Rhine boat
- Taste the famous local wines
- Watch the fantastic landscape of the wine-region as it goes past
- Ride the Assmannshausen cable-car in summer
What to Expect
Discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Rhine Valley, with its vineyards and picturesque towns and villages. See the mighty medieval castles – the area has the highest density of such buildings in the world. Marvel at the stunningly beautiful "Lorelei-Felsen," or Siren's Rocks, and enjoy fantastic views over the valley from the Niederwald monument.
In the summer you can ride on the Assmannshausen cable car down into the valley (optional), have lunch in a marvelous restaurant on the banks of the Rhine (included), and then take a wonderful Panorama boat trip to St. Goarshausen, past the famous Loreley.
Try fine wines on location in a small tavern and or just lose yourself in the picturesque little town of Rüdesheim. Please note that the tour will only stop at Rüdesheim if time allows. In the winter you'll get the chance to visit a castle, as the Rhine Steamers won't be sailing.
You'll travel back to Frankfurt by bus when the tour is finished and will be dropped off at the meeting point.
- Boat trip on the Rhine
- Depending on the option you have booked:
- Day Tour without hotel pick-up (Please make your own way to the meeting point)
- Day Tour with hotel pick-up (You will be picked up from your hotel in Frankfurt am Main and taken directly to the meeting point)
- Please choose your desired option upon booking.
- Local wine tasting
- Pick-up and drop-off in Frankfurt
- Multilingual tour guide
What's Not Included
- Return travel to your hotel
- Assmannshausen cable car ride into the valley
Please come to the meeting point: 39 Wiesenhüttenplatz, Frankfurt am Main, 60329. From here you will board the bus that takes you to the Rhine Valley, where you'll then board the boat.
What to Remember
• Those booking the option without hotel pick-up should join the tour directly at the meeting point – Wiesenhüttenplatz. This is where everyone will board the bus together.
• Those opting for the hotel pick-up service will be picked up from their hotel in Frankfurt am Main and brought directly to the meeting point.
• When the ships don't sail (e.g. during major events, in the winter, or in the event of floods), you will visit a nearby castle.
Good day out; interesting and quirkyAugust 27, 2015
Guide was interesting and helpful; day was well paced even though we lost some time due to roadworks. Guide and driver did a good job rescheduling so we could do all activities in the remaining time. Keep in mind this is a brief wine tasting and not an opportunity to guzzle a few bottles. Cruise, chair lift and coach tour was worth the money.
Good day trip but not a wine tastingJuly 17, 2015
Overall this tour offers a nice overview of the Rhine region of Germany. It includes an optional chair lift ride over the vineyards (in the warm season), a hearty lunch at the start of the tour, followed by a boat ride down the Rhine river where you will see beautiful countryside and several castles along the hills. You will also visit the town of Rudesheim which is quite cute and touristy. This tour is NOT, however, a wine tour. We had one very small wine tasting before getting on the boat, but that was it. We expected to stop at more wineries along the river as there were many vineyards, but the tour did not offer additional wine tastings. The boat does offer some German wines so if you are interested in wine, order a glass on board. The tour also included almost three hours of driving (one hour to the Rhine, one hour from the Rhine to Rudesheim, and one hour from Rudesheim back to Frankfurt). I gave it three stars as our tour guide was excellent, and the river was beautiful.
we lost a lot of time waiting, punctuality was nonexistentJune 23, 2015
the price of drinks at lunch was excessive
Very enjoyable dayOctober 14, 2014
A good daytrip
Nice day tripSeptember 20, 2014
We enjoyed everything about the trip. It was well organized and the guides, Michael and Guenther, were gracious and informative. The view from the chairlift was amazing! And the cruise itself was great. The wine-tasting was a bit of a disappointment, however, as it was served in tiny plastic cups, little more than the size of a thimble. The wine was tasty, though! Also, very little time to explore the charming village of Rudesheim. Overall, a great experience.
Product ID: 7157