San Gimignano, Siena, Chianti Full-Day Tour with Lunch
- Escape the bustle of Florence for a day and explore the beautiful Tuscan countryside
- Drive through the gently rolling hills of the Val D’Elsa in luxury, air-conditioned coaches
- Visit the medieval town of San Gimignano, home to Vernaccia di San Gimignano wine and saffron
- Explore the immaculate town of Siena, world-renowned for its Palio horse race
- Enjoy a delicious light lunch of sliced cold meats, bruschetta, salami, cheese, and wine tasting
What to Expect
Distinguished by its famous towered skyline, San Gimignano stands along the Via Francigena on the hills of the Upper Val D’Elsa. Also famous for its Vernaccia di San Gimignano wine, saffron, and precious Santa Fina pottery, it is an excellent place to get acquainted with the Tuscan environment. You will enjoy some free time to stroll through the town on your own and explore its beautiful squares, architecture, churches, and side streets.
In the afternoon you will tour the Chianti Classico area, taking in charming scenic views. Here you will have the pleasure of touring a famous wine estate where Chianti Classico, oil, balsamic vinegar, and aromatic herbs are all produced. Enjoy a delicious lunch of sliced cold meats, bruschetta, salami, pasta, and cheeses.
Continue to Siena for a guided tour of its enchanting architectural styles, including the Cathedral and Palazzo Comunale (Municipal Building) in Piazza del Campo. The famous shell-shaped square provides the stage for the thrilling Palio horse race, run twice every summer.
- Air-conditioned bus or minivan transport
- 2 hours of free time in San Gimignano
- Lunch – vegetarian menu available upon request
- 3 hours of free time in Siena
- Visit to the Monteriggioni fortress
- Return train tickets from Montecatini
What's Not Included
- Admission to Siena Cathedral – available at an additional cost upon request
What to Remember
• Please provide the name of your hotel, where you will receive round-trip train tickets to and from Florence. Once in Florence, you need to reach the meeting point on your own.
• Between November 01 2015 and March 31 2016 Russian, Chinese and Japanese are available on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday on request. They must be confirmed after booking.
Thanks to Lizzia and gian Carlo the driver. They were so good at what they were doing.
If I'd only done the chianti portion of the trip, I would have been satisfied. Soooo good. The last stop (I forget the name) was unnecessary, since I think the group was too tired by that point to really enjoy it (even though it was pretty).... But I'd do this tour again. It's a steal!
Good value--air-conditioned bus with WIFI, professional tour guide, delicious lunch. Efficient--seeing 3 places in 1 day with less hassle than doing on my own. Organized & professional--thumbs up to our guide, Gustave.
Beautiful day in San Gimignano and Siena with a wonderful lunch and wine tasting.
Product ID: 7679