Enjoy a full-day tour of Tuscany’s villages and wine regions from Florence and travel into the heart of the beautiful Tuscan countryside. Visit the town of San Gimignano, the wine territory of Chianti, and the medieval town of Siena.
What to Expect
Explore the heart of beautiful Tuscany on a full-day tour of the towns of San Gimignano and Siena, then discover the bucolic wine region of Chianti. Departing from Florence by luxury air-conditioned bus, your first stop will be the UNESCO World Heritage Site of San Gimignano, one of the most splendid examples of an Italian medieval town.
Distinguished by its famous towered skyline, San Gimignano stands along the Via Francigena on the hills of the Upper Val D’Elsa. Also famous for its Vernaccia di San Gimignano wine, saffron, and precious Santa Fina pottery, it is an excellent place to get acquainted with the Tuscan environment. You will enjoy some free time to stroll through the town on your own and explore its beautiful squares, architecture, churches, and side streets.
In the afternoon you will tour the Chianti Classico area, taking in charming scenic views. Here you will have the pleasure of touring a famous wine estate where Chianti Classico, oil, balsamic vinegar, and aromatic herbs are all produced. Enjoy a delicious lunch of sliced cold meats, bruschetta, salami, pasta, and cheeses.
Continue to Siena for a guided tour of its enchanting architectural styles, including the Cathedral and Palazzo Comunale (Municipal Building) in Piazza del Campo. The famous shell-shaped square provides the stage for the thrilling Palio horse race, run twice every summer.
- Air-conditioned bus or minivan transport
- 2 hours of free time in San Gimignano
- Lunch – vegetarian menu available upon request
- 3 hours of free time in Siena
- Visit to the Monteriggioni fortress
- Return train tickets from Montecatini
What's Not Included
- Admission to Siena Cathedral – available at an additional cost upon request
What to Remember
• Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time.
• Please provide the name of your hotel, where you will receive round-trip train tickets to and from Florence. Once in Florence, you need to reach the meeting point on your own.
• Between November 01 2015 and March 31 2016 Russian, Chinese and Japanese are available on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday on request. They must be confirmed after booking.