If you don't have much time this is a great way to see much of Tuscany in one day.
San Gimignano, Siena, Chianti Full-Day Tour with Lunch
Congratulations! You've stumbled across one of our most popular activities!
Meeting pointMeet inside Santa Maria Novella train station, in front of the pharmacy.
Hotel Pick-upComplimentary pick-up from your hotel is available on request.
- Escape the bustle of Florence for a day and explore the beautiful Tuscan countryside
- Drive through the gently rolling hills of the Val D’Elsa in luxury, air-conditioned coaches
- Visit the medieval town of San Gimignano, home to Vernaccia di San Gimignano wine and saffron
- Explore the immaculate town of Siena, world-renowned for its Palio horse race
- Enjoy a delicious light lunch of sliced cold meats, bruschetta, salami, cheese, and wine tasting
Distinguished by its famous towered skyline, San Gimignano stands along the Via Francigena on the hills of the Upper Val D’Elsa. Also famous for its Vernaccia di San Gimignano wine, saffron, and precious Santa Fina pottery, it is an excellent place to get acquainted with the Tuscan environment. You will enjoy some free time to stroll through the town on your own and explore its beautiful squares, architecture, churches, and side streets.
In the afternoon you will tour the Chianti Classico area, taking in charming scenic views. Here you will have the pleasure of touring a famous wine estate where Chianti Classico, oil, balsamic vinegar, and aromatic herbs are all produced. Enjoy a delicious lunch of sliced cold meats, bruschetta, salami, pasta, and cheeses.
Continue to Siena for a guided tour of its enchanting architectural styles, including the Cathedral and Palazzo Comunale (Municipal Building) in Piazza del Campo. The famous shell-shaped square provides the stage for the thrilling Palio horse race, run twice every summer.
- Air-conditioned bus or minivan transport
- 2 hours of free time in San Gimignano
- Lunch – vegetarian menu available upon request
- 3 hours of free time in Siena
- Visit to the Monteriggioni fortress
- Return train tickets from Montecatini
What's Not Included
- Admission to Siena Cathedral – available at an additional cost upon request
Good to Know
• Please provide the name of your hotel, where you will receive round-trip train tickets to and from Florence. Once in Florence, you need to reach the meeting point on your own.
• Between November 01 2015 and March 31 2016 Russian, Chinese and Japanese are available on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday on request. They must be confirmed after booking.
Didnt like the tour guide in Siena. She was someone other than our main guide. She seemed like she didnt like her job at all, but it could also be the heat. Good tour overall. exhausting but good.
The day trip was great thanks to our tour guide Simone and the driver Filippo. The guide was friendly and knowledgeable. The places are very interesting and very different too. San Gimignano is a medieval walled city, must see in my opinion. Chianti region is beautiful. The wine tasting was good. The lunch was light so make sure that you have heavy breakfast. Siena's cathedral is magnificent. I'd advice you to skip the guided tour and get a feel of the city on your own. The final stop is at Monteriggioni, a small walled town. It is lovely. You need to walk a lot throughout the day. Also the summer heat was intense. I don't think we could have covered so many places on our own. If you are short on time and want to get a feel of Tuscany, this is the tour for you.
An interesting day with lunch included . Perhaps the visit to the fort could have been skipped and more time made available for visiting a museum or Siena cathedral as time was a little tight .
Absolutely loved this tour. Very interesting, learnt and saw a lot. Started with a trip to San Gimignano, which was gorgeous. The main tower and the church right next door are a must. Then we drove to a Vineyard and did some wine tasting. This was brilliant. Very interesting and learnt a lot about different wines from the region and how to taste them properly. This included a 3 course meal with different wines and olive oils for each course. After that we drove to Sienna. The Cathedral there is a must do. We were given a small tour of the city but the quality of the audio from the earphone made the tour guide incomprehensible. So pack some small Ipod earphones or similar and you'll be fine. More time in Sienna would also have been nice since we didn't see the main square or other parts of the city. After that, we saw a little walled town, which was nice. All together an excellent trip and I would have been happy to pay double for the trip, based on its quality.
Product ID: 7679