Edinburgh: A Tale of Two Towns - Old & New Town Combo Ticket
Compare the living conditions of the rich and poor on one of 2 historical walking tours of Edinburgh
See the fascinating contrasts between Edinburgh's Old and New Town
Glimpse into 17th-century tenement life at Gladstone's Land
Wander down the closes and wynds off the Royal Mile
Experience the grandeur of the Royal Society of Edinburgh
See a restored 6-storey tenement house
Discover how the fashionable lived in 18th-century Edinburgh at the Georgian House
Compare and contrast Edinburgh's Old and New Towns with a combined tour of either the Secrets of the Royal Mile or Hidden Georgian Gems, and a ticket for the National Trust properties of Gladstone’s Land or the Georgian House.
Go where the buses can't take you - and the guidebooks won't show you - on a walking tour of the Royal Mile. This is where Edinburgh’s real stories lie; in the closes, wynds, courtyards and homes of Old Edinburgh. Visit tucked away sites to discover city secrets as your guide unlocks fascinating tales of the culture, crime, politics, and people of Scotland's capital city.
Alternatively, wander down George Street, one of the grandest streets in Edinburgh, where your guide will reveal some of the hidden architectural gems of the Georgian era. Enjoy privileged access to the grand Royal Society of Edinburgh, see the sumptuous Dome, and go to the elaborate Assembly Rooms. See famous homes and learn about their noted residents. Hear about startling Georgian fashions, and admire extravagant façades.
Your guide will reveal the contrast between Edinburgh's 2 characters - “Auld Reekie” and the “Athens of the North.” Then tour one of 2 National Trust properties, which you are free to visit at any point during the next 5 days.
Go to Gladstone's Land to see how people from different backgrounds would have lived in Edinburgh's cramped Old Town. Located near the top of Edinburgh's Royal Mile, the restored 6-storey tenement house features original painted ceilings and artifacts that showcase 17th century high-rise living, when Edinburgh was one of the most influential cities in the world.
Alternatively, discover how the fashionable lived in Edinburgh's 18th-century New Town at the Georgian House, now part of Edinburgh's World Heritage Site. The magnificant house is located on Charlotte Square and packed with authentic Georgian furnishings and paintings. Downstairs, discover how servants looked after the wealthy of Edinburgh for further surprising comparisons.
• Ticket for one 90-minute public history tour - Secrets of the Royal Mile OR Hidden Georgian Gems
• Admission to one National Trust property - Gladstone's Land OR Georgian House
Good to Know:
• Please dress for the weather and wear appropriate footwear
• For health and safety reasons, children under 5 years of age are not permitted on any tour
• PLease note that your ticket is non-refundable.
• Money can only be re-imbursed when a tour is cancelled by Mercat Tours or property closed by National Trust for Scotland
• Your National Trust property voucher is valid for 5 days from the date of your tour experience. Opening times for both Georgian House and Gladstone's Land are 09:00-17:00. Last entry is 30 minutes before closing time
Product ID: 3047030470