Rowan trips gave us a fantastic tour and I would recommend them to anyone --- superb in every way
Full-day Sightseeing Tour of Colombo, Sri Lanka
From US$ 75 per person
- Get a sense of Colombo's colonial roots as you discover the legacies left to this city of trade
- Stroll serenely along the promenade at Galle Face Green
- Barter yourself to a bargain at the colorful markets of Pettah
- Show your spiritual side in the temples, mosques, and churches adorning the streets
Meeting pointPick-up and Drop-off can be oragnized to include most major hotels, the airport, and other well-known landmarks.
During the day you will have the opportunity to visit sites including the mile-long promenade of Galle Face Green, the exclusive district of Cinnamon Gardens where you will find Independence Hall, the vibrant bazaars of Pettah, and the pristine beaches of Mt. Lavinia. Your journey will be enhanced by the many religious sanctuaries, which manifest in their variety, the peaceful tolerance of the city’s diverse inhabitants. There will also be time to investigate Colombo’s National Museum and get a real taste of the ancient, colonial and modern influences, which make up the city.
To keep you refreshed and revived, there will be a delectable lunch overlooking the sea at the Galle Face Hotel and an afternoon tea in the unlikely restaurant of Colombo Fort, which was once a Dutch hospital.
- An english-speaking tour guide with intimate knowlegde of the city
- Transportation for the duration of the tour
- All entrance fees
- Pick-up and Drop-off where requested
What's Not Included
- Additional refreshments
- Items of a personal nature
- Charges for the photography or filming conducted at tourist sites
A friend gave me this tour as a birthday present which I was able to chare with my wife and another couple who are close friends. None of us had been to Sri Lanka before and we learned a great deal
Product ID: 25328