Charleston's French Quarter Walk
Discover Charleston from a pirate's point of view
Enjoy an eerie tour of the wharfs of Charleston harbor
Visit the oldest structures of the 1600's original walled city
Hear stories of maritime ghosts and pirates
Join this eerie 90-100 minute tour of Charleston's French Quarter led by underwater archeologist Michelle Damian and Geordie Buxton. Learn of the dark and secret maritime events in Charleston even today, and hear tales of mysterious spectral occurrences.
This 90-minute tour is brimming with detailed stories of the pirates, military soldiers, prisoners and sailors who stalked the Charleston waterfront on ship and on foot hundreds of years ago – and who have refused to leave.
Listen to tales of strange occurrences at Castle Pinckney; of the reappearing face of a mysterious soldier at Fort Sumter; of the influence over writer Edgar Allen Poe – a Sullivan’s Island resident; of the unexplained sounds of Seneca guns; and many more.
Determined to combat the usual vague, repetitive pirate and ghost stories, and armed with a chilling repertoire of spectral lore, Geordie Buxton and Michelle Damian have researched unique and ghastly tales.
• City of Charleston licensed tour guide
• 90-minute walking tour
What's Not Included:
Good to Know:
• Discounts available for teachers and students, both just book at the student price when checking out.
• This is a walking tour, so please wear comfortable shoes. If it is hot, bring a bottle of water.
• Tours go rain or shine, if inclement weather forces cancellation of the tour, you have the option of rescheduling or a refund.
• Meet at the front enclave (outside) of the East Bay Executive Center at 174 East Bay Street.
Product ID: 2194421944
Speedy booking and reserved spots
No-hassle Best Price Guarantee
16 customer reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
“The guide was very informative. Enjoyed the tour very much”