Walk With Lions in Mauritius Safari & Bird Park
Indulge your wild side and walk with lions on the banks of the Riviere du Rempart
Learn about the lion conservation program at Mauritius Safari & Bird Park
Pet and interact with the lords of the jungle, freely roaming over rocks and up trees
Explore the Mauritius Bird Park on your own and see rare native pink pigeons
See mighty cheetahs and tiger
Walk with lions in the lovely surroundings of the Mauritius Safari Park, and get up close with the mighty beasts of the jungle. Learn about the park’s lion conservation program, and see rare pink pigeons in the Bird Park.
Located on the banks of the Riviere du Rempart, upon arrival you will go by special safari bus to the lions' reserve, where you will meet lions, tigers, and cheetahs. The safari team will brief you with a short chat on the safety measures you will need during your adventure. Spend some time getting to know your lions under the coolness of the trees. View the free-roaming lions up close, playing on the rocks of the river bank and climbing up trees.
Then, start your walk under the supervision of the lion handlers. Experience first-hand what it feels like to stroll alongside them. You will even get to pet them. Discover how the lions interact, and how they feed. After your walk, refreshments will be served, followed by an explanation of the Safari Park’s lion reproduction and conservation program.
You are then free to explore the rest of the Safari Park on your own, with magnificent views of the west coast of Mauritius. Visit the Bird Park, home to 150 species of birds from 5 continents, including the lovely native long-necked pink pigeons, which until recently were threatened with extinction. Go to the Petting Farm, and get access to the park’s other facilities, such as the children’s corner, and sumptuous Mauritian food in the park’s fabulous restaurant.
• Entrance to Mauritius Safari and Bird Park
• 1-hour walk with lions
Good to Know:
• The lion park is open every day except December 25 and January 01
• Walking with lions encounters are only available for participants aged 15 and above
• In order to take part in this activity you must be at least 4.9 feet (1.50 meters) tall
• Duration of the entire visit to the park is 3-5 hours
• Duration of the walking with lions activity is about 1 hour
• The price for the entrance is valid until 1st December, 2014. For later bookings, a new price list will be applicable
Product ID: 2704227042
Speedy booking and reserved spots
No-hassle Best Price Guarantee