Cairo: Whales Valley, Magic Lake & Sand Boards Fayoum
From US$ 125 per person
- Cross the desert by 4WD vehicle
- Visit the only waterfalls in Egypt
- Swim in the magical Magic Lake in the middle of the desert
- Visit the Wadi Al-Hitan (Whales Valley) - UNESCO World Heritage site
- Surf the sand dunes
- Stop at Tunis village and view its unique architecture
What to Expect
Following a pick-up from your Cairo accommodation, you will drive along tarmac roads for a short while before you reach the desert. Continue to the El Qsour sand dunes, shaped by the desert storms. Here, surf on the fine grains of sand by sand board for an adrenaline kick.
Hike in the Whales Valley (also known as Wadi Hitan), with 40 million year old unique Whales bones.
Continue to Wadi el-Rayan (Rayan Valley), a natural valley now filled by water that has turned it into a huge manmade lake. Marvel at the only waterfalls in Egypt.
Travel on to Magic Lake, stranded in the middle of the desert behind the sand dunes. Here, you will enjoy lunch, and have some free time to swim. Drive back to Cairo, passing Lake Qaroun and the Fayoum Oasis en route.
- Private transportation by 4WD vehicle
- Sand boards
- Entry fees
- Bottled water
What's Not Included
- Any service not mentioned in "what's included"
What to Remember
• Please bring the following items with you: passport or ID, comfortable clothing, swim suit, hat, sun glasses, sun protection, a scarf, camera and/or video camera, wet wipes, toilet paper, snacks, and a spirit of adventure
Samir led us through the Sahara on a FUN 4-wheel drive adventure. We travelled to the perfect dune to learn how to sandboard and we all had fun making runs down the dune. We then continued our adventure on wheels to learn about the desert, see some fossil-ized whale remains in the desert, swam in the Magic Lake (a lovely oasis in the middle of the desert), and then toured some of the villages on our way back to Cairo where people leading donkeys loaded with freshly harvested Alfalfa Sprouts filled the streets. AWESOME TOUR, AWESOME GUIDE, AWESOME DAY!!!!!