Berlin Day City Bike Tour
- See one of the last remaining sections of the Berlin Wall
- Ride through Germany’s most famous monument, the Brandenburg Gate
- Discover the statues in Marx & Engels Platz, reminders of communism’s founders in the former East
- Stand Atop Hitler’s bunker and discuss the final days of the Nazis
- Visit Victory Column, deep in the heart of the Tiergarten
- Explore Potsdamer Platz, the "new downtown" of Berlin
- Go to the open-air museum in the former HQ of the Nazi Gestapo and SS
- See the Soviet War Memorial, where more than 2,500 Soviet troops from the Battle of Berlin are buried
- Experience Checkpoint Charlie, the most famous Cold War landmark and border crossing through the Wall
- See the intact Nazi Luftwaffe Ministry
It’s an ideal tour for those who are short on time, but want to see as much of Berlin as possible in a half-day. You will cover approximately 6 miles (10 kilometers), stopping every few hundred meters, making it perfect for all ages and fitness levels.
Go to the Berlin Wall, and wander through Checkpoint Charlie. Then stand in the death strip under a watchtower, and learn what led to the Wall’s fall, and how Berlin is dealing with its past. Stand on top of Hitler’s bunker, and the site of the Nazis' infamous book-burning. See the Reichstag, and grasp how its fateful burning led to Hitler’s rise to power.
Cross through Tiergarten Park and stop at a delightful beer garden for lunch. Soak up the scenery as you explore the sprawling new government quarter. And learn how the mighty Prussians molded Berlin into a European power, as you ride through the Brandenburg Gate, over Museum Island, and across the Gendarmenmarkt.
What's Not Included
- Lunch at the beer garden
Good to Know
4.6 out of 5
4.5 out of 5
Value for money90%
4.5 out of 5
4.3 out of 5
Had no problems at all booking this trip on the internet before we travelled to Berlin. I was initially apprehensive because about what we were going to get because of how cheap it was but this made the whole day amazing value for money. We arrived at the stated place and time and were given a great introduction to the city and what we were about to embark on before being given our bikes. They were comfortable and practical, essential as we did spend a few hours cycling a good distance around the city. The weather was great that day but even if it had been raining it would have been just as food; they do run the trip in all weather conditions. Rain ponchos and suncream are provided. Our guide, Tim, was immensely knowledgeable about the city and its history. Passionate about telling the story and getting us all involved, he answered all questions with confidence and really did make the experience everything I hoped it would be. We booked another trip with them that day.
This was our first bike tour and FatTire gave us an incredible experience that we will never forget. Our guide was full of information, highly energetic and managed to keep us all together and excited about what we were seeing over the 3 hours.
Nice bike ride past historical sites, even in the rain... Great schnitzel dinner.
Tom was a really informative guide who made the tour interesting and amusing. We learnt a lot and really enjoyed the whole day including lunch at the beer garden, where the food was really good. A great way to spend a day in Berlin!