Assisi Wine Tasting Picnic
Sample the wines of Umbria under the shadow of Assisi
Get panoramic views of the Basilica of Saint Francis
Learn more about viticulture via convenient information boards in the vineyards
Sit under a veranda in the middle of the vineyards to taste local produce of cheese and meats
Try some authentic Umbria Torta al Testo and a dessert of Umbrian cookies
Trek through the vineyards of a family-run winery in Assisi, learning about viticulture and the wine making process. The enjoy a picnic lunch of wines and local produce under the veranda in the vineyards, with panoramic views of Assisi.
The Mencarelli family has been producing fine wines and extra virgin olive oil for decades, and on this 3-hour lunch tour you will walk through their deep green vineyards, and learn about the wonderful world of Umbrian wines.
All around will be blue sky, ripe grapes, dusky olive groves, and centuries-old oak trees. Armed with a complimentary map, stop at 12 information boards to learn more about wine and viticulture.
Then, under the veranda of the vineyards, a picnic basket will be waiting just for you! Open a bottle of SAIO wine (one per 2-3 people) and sample typical Perugia bread, with extra virgin olive oil, pecorino cheese, cold cuts from the Subasio Mountains, traditional Umbria Torta al Testo (a salty cheese bread), and Umbrian cookies. All wine glasses, place mats, plates and cutlery will be provided.
After lunch, you are free to carry on enjoying SAIO wines in the relaxation area, reading more about the history and traditions of Assisi.
• Map of the vineyards
• Picnic basket with 1 bottle of SAIO wine per 2-3 persons, water, typical Perugia bread and SAIO extra virgin olive oil, pecorino cheese, cold cuts from the Subasio Mountains, traditional Umbria Torta al Testo, Umbria cookies, wine glasses, placemats, plates and cutlery
• Relax area with lounge
• Relax kit with books and magazines
What's Not Included:
• Additional wine tastings (always available in the wine tasting room)
Good to Know:
• In case of bad weather, the wine tasting will be in the wine tasting room. You will get 2 wines (instead of 1) with the same food pairing provided in the program you chose
• You can change the day of your tour if you call at least the day before
• SAIO is open all year long, but April to October is the best time to visit
• Opening hours: Monday-Saturday - 10.00-12.30 / 16.00-19.00 (May to October until 19.30); Sunday - 10.00-12.30
• For reservations out of opening hours please contact SAIO
Product ID: 3071930719